I kinda miss my 10k trailer

/ I kinda miss my 10k trailer #1  

Jackstack76

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub cadet
Had a 10k 20 foot electric tilt and sold it about a year ago and ordered a 14k 22 foot electric tilt.

The 10k was built with a six inch frame and tongue. The 14k I have now is built with a eight inch frame and tongue. I never put the old trailer on the scale nor have I with the bigger trailer. Not sure what the actual weight difference between the two would have been but the 14k is for sure built like a brick #%^* house. I also upgraded the tires to 14 plys.

I have a newer 3/4 chevy with the 6.0 gasser and 4:10’s. The 10k pulled great empty and loaded and worked for most of my needs till the couple times a buddy and I had to haul a heavier track skid steer which probably would have overloaded it. That was one of the reasons for selling the 10k and “upgrading”. I actually made money on it so I thought no harm no foul.

Now that I’ve had the 14k trailer a bit and used it for some various stuff I’m not in love with it like I was at first. You put a 9000 pound skid steer on it, it feels fine. You run empty or a light load this thing bucks the ass end of the truck pretty good. I hauled a old 70’s VW bug for a buddy a while back, winched it on backwards, probably didn’t matter since those are so light and the trailer laughed at it. All that said I’m not dragging this thing around everyday but eventually I will more frequently.

I’ve got a drag race toy to finish and so does one of my Buddy’s. Both of them probably won’t tip over 3k on the scales. Now I’m wondering if I bought to much trailer for most of my needs.