I need some input on roll around tool boxes

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #61  
Last winter when we moved to new place . My kids bought me a US General 56 top and bottom tool chest. They were well made and great packaging, not a scratch or dent when I unloaded. Plenty of room for tools and tractor items.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #62  
Last winter when we moved to new place . My kids bought me a US General 56 top and bottom tool chest. They were well made and great packaging, not a scratch or dent when I unloaded. Plenty of room for tools and tractor items.

I've seen the US general boxes, they look like good boxes for the money. That's a really nice gift.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #63  
I've got a few of the US Generals. (56 bottom/3 of the 5 drawer carts (one as a top box together with a 26" top)/an old-style single bank top & bottom) Replaced the fixed wheels with casters on initial assembly so I didn't have to deal with the back & forth to move it where I wanted. Agree that the depth of the drawers could/should be a bit deeper. The plastic catches are chintzy & placement a pain until you get used to it. For me they are good enough, & I bought long enough ago that price was fantastic with no restriction 25% coupons. As tools always keep being added to, I'll look at them again when I need another box. But also interested in finding something with more deep drawers for easy storage of bulky stuff or "kit" cases ... I use old filing cabinets for some of that, but newer cabinets (after 80's) are pretty weak & not designed to hold weight on the drawer bottoms but want hanging folders instead.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #64  
Old friend mechanic told me about 20 years
ago that a snapon tool set complete would cost
over $14,000. I asked the snapon guy how much
the little 1/4 inch tool set was, over $200. Sure glad
I got mine many years ago. cost about $15. I was
looking at the HF tool boxes really looked good and
the price didn't seem too bad either.

willy
If you want to drive a blonde crazy just put
her in a round building and tell her to sit in
the corner

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #65  
I have several US General boxes and like them a lot, last I looked I think the Husky boxes are the same price or similar and I would probably steer that way, they have some nicer features like soft close drawers... I have a couple friends that got them over US General and I don't blame them, they're nice... I like my giant blue box though :)