I thought Sthil made a good saw?

/ I thought Sthil made a good saw? #61  
Plastic is not bad and in this case, its hdpe and its found on many saws. It can take a beating , bending and not break where as magnesium does no like to bend and will break. Plastic is great for some parts, steel is best for others.
And - as Mr Haney would say - its GUARANTEED! not to rust,,

/ I thought Sthil made a good saw? #62  
I’m sthil happy with my 1994 029, it does take about 4 pulls to get the ”pop” then off choke pull and away she goes. I’m guilty of not changing the spark plug often enough. I opened up the exhaust a long time ago. I have had to replace a few muffler bolts over the years, gone through two bars and one drive sprocket. It’s sometimes a bit underpowered for some of the larger trees I have cut for firewood. Next saw will most likely be a pro model Sthil.

Mike

/ I thought Sthil made a good saw? #63  
Spray it down with penetrating oil and let it set overnight before trying to use an easy out. It might help.

I have several Stihl products. They are OK, but not that much better, if any, than other top of the line products from other companies. Like everyone else, their products are getting more cheaply built all the time. I get a kick out of how Stihl's latest ad seems to try to make a quality point to say their product is not sold at Lowes or Home Depot. As if where who the retailer is establishes the quality? It probably has more to do with Lowes and Home Depot tried unsuccessfully to get a volume discount, or something similar.
Used to be only sold by servicing dealers, now they are in the local Ace hardware stores.