IH Case 595 PTO output shaft replacement

/ IH Case 595 PTO output shaft replacement #1  

cwgrizz

Tractor
IHC 595
Hi all, I am new to the forum and am looking for some help. I acquired an IH Case 595 2WD with the PTO output shaft broken off. Does anyone know any tricks or shortcuts for replacing it? From the parts breakdown it looks like a snap ring needs to be removed to get it out and I am thinking that the top cover will have to be removed (Rock shaft assy) to get to it. Am I right or is there a way to get to things from a side or back access cover.

TIA
Walt

/ IH Case 595 PTO output shaft replacement #2  
Are you talking about the top shaft or the bottom one ?
For the top shaft you have to remove the topcover to loosen a nut on the inside.
For the bottom one you need to drain the oil and remove a sidecover . Inside you will find yout PTO clutchpack.
At the packs rear you will see a rollpin that murt be removed.
Then you temove the sealcover at the rear . Then you will be able to pull the shaft to the rear.
When reinstalling thet shaft you have to time that shaft to the PTO pack !!!!!!!

/ IH Case 595 PTO output shaft replacement #3  
For the top shaft you have to remove the topcover to loosen a nut on the inside.
For the bottom one you need to drain the oil and remove a sidecover . Inside you will find yout PTO clutchpack.
Then you temove the sealcover at the rear . Then you will be able to pull the shaft to the rear.
When reinstalling thet shaft you have to time that shaft to the PTO pack !!!!!!!

Do I recall that to service the bottom shaft on an MFD tractor a rear split is required? Something about the side cover being replaced with a transfer case and the required space inside occupied by a gear?

/ IH Case 595 PTO output shaft replacement #4  
If its a MFD then you need to remove the driveshaft and then the transfercase to enter into the tractor from the bottom to remove that rollpin.

/ IH Case 595 PTO output shaft replacement

Thanks, It is the top shaft and that is what I thought from looking at a parts breakdown. I was hoping it would be like the bottom shaft with a side cover access. Ha! I got the tractor with the top PTO shaft broken off at the case so it is my next project. Thanks again, DLT