IHI mini excavator tracks will not extend on one side

/ IHI mini excavator tracks will not extend on one side #1  

rrrrhardy

Tractor
John Deere 2032R
Bought an IHI 9NX-2 Mini Excavator on an auction. Fixed everything wrong with it except the tracks will not extend on the right side.
It is a simple tube in a tube design with one hydraulic cylinder that pushes the tracks out till they hit a stop bolt on either side.
The left side extends the correct distance and hits the stop bolt. Right side does not budge. Checked the stop bolt and it is fine.
Loosened the track frame plate the cylinder attaches to and the cylinder will retract about 3/8 inch. I'm assuming if there was a cylinder issue, I should be able to manually force the track frame out 3/8 inch. Still doesn't budge.
I took the plate off the bottom of the main frame below the hydraulic cylinder. I was able to place a bottle jack with the base against the frame and the piston pushing on the same plate the hydraulic cylinder pushes against. Doesn't budge.
Tried soaking with penetrating oil for days.

The right track frame does look like it was hit hard. Has 2 dents like a forklift hit it. I'm guessing the hit jammed the tracks in so hard they are
wedged tight. Only idea I have left is to completely remove the left side track frame to look inside the main frame tubes to see if there is an internal stop the right side is wedged against. Any ideas on how to tackle this problem would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2106.JPG
    IMG_2106.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2113.JPG
    IMG_2113.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2114.JPG
    IMG_2114.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
   / IHI mini excavator tracks will not extend on one side #2  
   / IHI mini excavator tracks will not extend on one side
When Required Maintenance And Checks; Tracks Check/Adjust; Track Tightening; Track Loosening - IHI 9NX Service Manual [Page 72]. Seems like you know plenty about it . I'd say your just about to figure out issue.

If no response here try Kato compact tract loaders . That's where that IHI came through . Kato now what IHI was . There in Kentucky. Also the Heavy Equip forum . Tell us what it was when you figure it out . IHI makes kick azz equipment imo. New Kato branded construction yellow .
Thanks. I'll try Kato. It is a well built machine.

/ IHI mini excavator tracks will not extend on one side #4  
1 800 538-1447 Kentucky (good people )