iMatch hitching problem

/ iMatch hitching problem #1  

KTD

Tractor
JD 4310 e-hydro
Just got my new iMatch home from the JD dealer and thought I'd try it out tonight. I'm using the iMatch on my 3310 and mating with an MX5 mower.

With the iMatch I received two bushings that mount on the lower hitch pins. So far, so good.

Now where do I hook the top of the iMatch?

There are three bolts on the top center link mechanism.

The top center link has a handle clevis pin, but the spacing is too high for the top hook, or should I flex the mechanism to the back of the MX5 and lengthen the top link?

The second from the top is the correct vertical spacing but the bolt and/or bushing that is there is too large to fit the iMatch hook.

Same thing with the bottom bolt and bushing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, Kevin

/ iMatch hitching problem #2  
I have an lx5 cutter. I looked at the mx5 manual on the JD website. The picture in the mx5 manual and my lx5 both show only two top pin holes to attach to. You may need to send a picture showing the three holes so someone can help.

chuck

/ iMatch hitching problem #3  
I also have the MX5.
The uppper link on the cutter articulates to allow for uneven terrain.
You do want to use the set of holes that appear to be too high (again, to allow for some articulation when you drive into a low spot/hole, etc).
It's kind of a pain to get the cutter on the I-Match. I use a rope to pull the top toward me so that it can be hooked in the top of the I-Match without making it a two person operation as the top tends to be pulled towards the rear of the cutter by gravity.

Maybe this pic will help:
http://pics.theshreves.com/tractor/tractor26.jpg

/ iMatch hitching problem
Thanks so much for the replies.

jeepinator, I think your picture will help a lot. I noticed that the iMatch was not vertical, but tipped slightly towards the tractor. I'll try again this morning.

I guess I believed all the sales literatue that said this would be a snap.

Thanks again.

/ iMatch hitching problem #5  
Mine is a snap, especially when compared to hooking up the RC before the iMatch. Probably all relative. It will be much better when you get it figured out, and past the initial learning phase. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif