install Slipclutch for Countyline tiller. Weasler cat 4 slip clutch 6 spline bolt on at implement end.

/ install Slipclutch for Countyline tiller. Weasler cat 4 slip clutch 6 spline bolt on at implement end. #1  

BillFl

Tractor
Kubota L3901
Both the slipclutch and tiller have 6 spline 1 3/8 specs. Collar has two bolts on the implement end. I cannot get the slip clutch to go on the gearbox shaft. The weight and awkward position make it more challenging.
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get this to mate up? If I remove the two bolts on the collar will this help? the collar is split but I am not sure it goes all the way through. I have been reluctant to try to wedge open the collar as it appears to be cast and I am afraid it might crack. There of course are no instructions. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Has anyone every had to grind or file down the splines to get a fit?

/ install Slipclutch for Countyline tiller. Weasler cat 4 slip clutch 6 spline bolt on at implement end. #2  
You MUST remove both bolts! Slip the yoke on the tiller then reinstall the bolts making sure the groove in the male spline lines up with the bolt holes. You can drive a slim wedge (slotted screwdriver) in the slot to spread it if needed and you won't crack it. Slather the male and female splines with grease before assembly, install both bolts through the groove and tighten securely.

/ install Slipclutch for Countyline tiller. Weasler cat 4 slip clutch 6 spline bolt on at implement end.
Thank you. I will tackle this job first thing this morning. Thanks for helping a noob.

/ install Slipclutch for Countyline tiller. Weasler cat 4 slip clutch 6 spline bolt on at implement end. #4  
Check your dimensions to be sure. 1 3/8" six spline is the common size for farm PTO but is not the ONLY size used. Some equipment uses a 1 1/8" spline.