Installed a rear camera and tested it tonight.

/ Installed a rear camera and tested it tonight. #11  
Couple of thoughts for those that are considering this.

I have a single camera setup and really love having it. The one I bought is a single camera wireless system where the camera was attached to a small license plate mount. It was intended for mounting on the back of a vehicle where the camera is approximately 10-15 feet from the receiving screen up by the driver. It took me several days to get installed and working (mostly) right.

The camera is installed on the top rear of the cab looking aft and the screen is installed inside the cab up above the front windshield. The screen is about 4-5 inches in size. The camera never really gets obscurred but I don't use a snow blower which tends to coat everything with snow. I rinse it off with the power washer when washing the tractor. I had to unbuild a good deal of the cab stuff to route the power wires and tapped them into one of the work light power wires. I have a toggle switch to turn the system on/off.

The only issue is that because it is a wireless system where the camera transmits it's picture signal to the screen... the camera antenna is too close to the receiving screen antenna in the cab setup. The distance from camera to screen is approximately 2.5 ft. where normally it would be 10-15 ft. What happens is... as you are looking at the screen, you need to be seeing 100% realtime all the time. When I look at the screen, most of the time I see realtime. But periodically, the realtime will intermittantly freeze and then resume. This makes for a fragmented view which can't be totally relied upon. I will probably put in a hard-wired system to get reliable realtime in the future.

I really like having the rear view as it helps me keep track of ranch dogs and I do a lot of driving in reverse.

/ Installed a rear camera and tested it tonight. #12  
Couple of thoughts for those that are considering this.

I have a single camera setup and really love having it. The one I bought is a single camera wireless system where the camera was attached to a small license plate mount. It was intended for mounting on the back of a vehicle where the camera is approximately 10-15 feet from the receiving screen up by the driver. It took me several days to get installed and working (mostly) right.

The camera is installed on the top rear of the cab looking aft and the screen is installed inside the cab up above the front windshield. The screen is about 4-5 inches in size. The camera never really gets obscurred but I don't use a snow blower which tends to coat everything with snow. I rinse it off with the power washer when washing the tractor. I had to unbuild a good deal of the cab stuff to route the power wires and tapped them into one of the work light power wires. I have a toggle switch to turn the system on/off.

The only issue is that because it is a wireless system where the camera transmits it's picture signal to the screen... the camera antenna is too close to the receiving screen antenna in the cab setup. The distance from camera to screen is approximately 2.5 ft. where normally it would be 10-15 ft. What happens is... as you are looking at the screen, you need to be seeing 100% realtime all the time. When I look at the screen, most of the time I see realtime. But periodically, the realtime will intermittantly freeze and then resume. This makes for a fragmented view which can't be totally relied upon. I will probably put in a hard-wired system to get reliable realtime in the future.

I really like having the rear view as it helps me keep track of ranch dogs and I do a lot of driving in reverse.
I would like to install a rear view camera on my cab Bx23s. I use a box blade for snow removal and turning around all the time to see what is going on back there is killing my back! I don't mind some wiring as I need real time and a good sized monitor display (7in) any thoughts?

/ Installed a rear camera and tested it tonight. #13  
I learned a long time ago that whenever someone posts the time spent to complete a project you should double it. Just check out some of the you tube technical videos to repiar/replace or install something and see if their estimated times pans out.

/ Installed a rear camera and tested it tonight.
Thanks, just wanted to share in case anyone else was considering this.

/ Installed a rear camera and tested it tonight. #16  
I would like to install a rear view camera on my cab Bx23s. I use a box blade for snow removal and turning around all the time to see what is going on back there is killing my back! I don't mind some wiring as I need real time and a good sized monitor display (7in) any thoughts?
Backup cameras are a wide angle view. I would recommend a narrow view, around 50 degree for your use:
fv 555.jpg