Intermittent power loss TC35D

/ Intermittent power loss TC35D #1  

Ferdinanddeltoro

Tractor
New Holland TC35D
I have seen multiple posts regarding this issue, but have not been able to find a solution posted.

My TC35D is having intermittent power loss problems. This is a relatively new issue and it is getting progressively worse. I have had the tractor I ver 10 years and this never used to happen. Only 800 hours on the machine. This happens in all transmission settings. 1-Rabbit, 1-Turtle, 2-Rabbit and 2-Turtle. It happens the most in 2-Rabbit and progressively less as I go lower in gear ranges. In 2-Rabbit, it does not want to pull itself (unloaded, no implements or trailer) up the driveway, which it used to do fine. It has never had much power in 2-Rabbit (hi-hi), obviously it is not a working gear, but it used to pull itself in the driveway or on the road.

Occasionally it does it in 1-Rabbit and 1-Turtle if under load. The RPMs noticeably drop. From Wide Open Throttle around 2500 RPMs 1o about 1500. It NEVER used to do this. It acts like it is starving for fuel.

I have changed ALL filters and fluids. Air, hydraulic, fuel. Cleaned fuel tank and fuel lines. I'm going crazy trying to find a solution.

Please help!
Thank you!

/ Intermittent power loss TC35D #2  
You may have a clogged vent on your fuel cap. Loosen the cap when you start to lose power. If the vent is blocked you can get a partial vacuum inside the tank. If that's not the problem, disconnect the fuel line prior to the fuel filter. See if you get good fuel flow there. There could be some blockage at the output of your tank. You will probably have to bleed the air back out of you fuel system after the completion of this exercise. I don't understand your Rabbits and Turtles but this may give you as starting point.

/ Intermittent power loss TC35D #3  
I don't understand your Rabbits and Turtles but this may give you as starting point.
Rabbits are faster than turtles unless the rabbit runs out of fuel. I wonder if the fuel stop solenoid may not be allowing full fuel flow somehow?

PS...rabbit/turtle is a high/low speed switch a person can flip with their thumb. Slow going into a pile with the loader and faster driving with the load.

/ Intermittent power loss TC35D
The Rabbits
Rabbits are faster than turtles unless the rabbit runs out of fuel. I wonder if the fuel stop solenoid may not be allowing full fuel flow somehow?

PS...rabbit/turtle is a high/low speed switch a person can flip with their thumb. Slow going into a pile with the loader and faster driving with the load.
I am not aware of any fuel solenoid. The fuel is gravity feed out of the bottom of the fuel tank to the fuel filter. No solenoid between the fuel filter and the fuel pump. (Only about 6 inches of fuel line between filter and pump.) From the pump, it's steel tubing to the high pressure pump.

/ Intermittent power loss TC35D #6  
I just chased this same problem on my TC21D and the problem wasn't lack of fuel, it was air admittance. Minor cracking in the fuel hose under the braid was allowing air in right at the fuel inlet banjo fitting. After replacing my lines, I'm up and running again. Can't say with certainty that this is your problem as well, but it's something to consider.

/ Intermittent power loss TC35D #7  
Injector pump sucking air, vent in the fuel cap blocked, something floating inside the tank, or gas in the diesel fuel does weird things too.