International 244 Rims

/ International 244 Rims #1  

Kando

Silver Member
Tractor
2xFord 5000, Ford 960
Hello TBN,

I've got an International 244 tractor that has 16" rims on the rear and 10" on the front. As far as I can tell from the manual, this tractor either should, or had the option for 24" on the back and 15" on the front, going by the tire sizes listed. I've been searching around for rims and am having trouble finding rear rims that would fit the tractor. Last resort is ordering from Messicks but at $439 per rim, I'm a bit hesitant. I've searched Miller Tire and while they have rims of the size I'm looking for but, there's no rim centers available from them that would work. Current rims are 6 lug on 6" spacing. The centers from miller are 8 lug 8". Any help is appreciated.

Kando

/ International 244 Rims #2  
Your best bet is to try one of the salvage yards or craig's list. If you were closer I could have a solution for you, but Indiana is a long way from South Alabama. The normal R1 tires are indeed 9.5x24 and the fronts are a tri-rib 4.00x 15. That is what is on my 1986 244. Rims off comparability sized Mitsubishi tractors will also fit.

Bill

/ International 244 Rims #3  
Hello there, I know this is a very old post. I am in the same boat. I live in Tennessee, and I am coming that direction next week. If you have something available to sell, I am interested.

/ International 244 Rims #4