IRS and what do they really do with all their power

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / IRS and what do they really do with all their power #11  
that is the standard excuse. we are doing a lousy job, have always done a lousy job, will continue to do a lousy job so....fund more positions.

how about....shrink the govt and let the private sector do it?

Have you seen the budget wars of late? No? Well maybe check out funding for civilian agencies over the last 20 years. Add in modernization, policy changes over that time, and human resources and your comment looks like the standard easy fix. It's not just funding.

Private industry? Yeah...no thanks. You really want some private corp in your wallet and business? No way.

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power #12  
The blame the rich story is getting old do some research you will find that is not the case

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power #13  
Have you seen the budget wars of late? No? Well maybe check out funding for civilian agencies over the last 20 years. Add in modernization, policy changes over that time, and human resources and your comment looks like the standard easy fix. It's not just funding.

Private industry? Yeah...no thanks. You really want some private corp in your wallet and business? No way.
budget? what's that.

here's my standard response.

1. tell me 1 thing the government does well...please.

2. Virtually everyone i know is very close to or related to a government employee. many guys i know can do what they do for a living only because Mrs works for the county.

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power #14  
budget? what's that.

here's my standard response.

1. tell me 1 thing the government does well...please.

2. Virtually everyone i know is very close to or related to a government employee. many guys i know can do what they do for a living only because Mrs works for the county.

I'd say your going off topic.

Congress sets the budget for the Treasury.

Congress does not understand the basics of budget or financials. IMHO. Else we would not have appropriations and funding/budget battles every quarter.

I'd say overall the federal government works just fine if given a mission and funding to do it.

My tax history sort of proves that point in an on topic sort of way. I owe, I don't owe...my personal and financial variables change over time and the IRS seems to get their pound of flesh accordingly.

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power #15  
I just heard the IRS is hiring more agents to examine our bank accounts and our banking activity. Anyone with a bank account with over $600 in it.

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power #16  
Do you have the option of applying to future payments?

It's not like anyone is missing out on interest at today's rates.

I like to be paid up... it is a character flaw but for those I help we will often make all quarterly payments with first quarter... amounts are little but it gives these seniors great peace of mind...

I believe income tax returns is a very US thing... friends in other countries with very good jobs never required to file as tax due deducted at time earned and these countries have very high VAT on purchases.

It keeps it simple and pay as you go... plus less work for tax preparers...

Status
Not open for further replies.