Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid?

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #61  
Yeah, I hate when they rust through like that. ;)

I was told that the 4" was more likely to drone at highway speed which is why I went with the 5"..... Don't know if that's true or not.

The 4" is sorta like higher-pitched, the 5" rumbles. Sounds like a piece of heavy eqpment. Kinda. Sorta.

I couldn't tell you the difference between a 4'' and a 5'' as I've never owned one with the 4" exhaust. Mine is turbo-back with a Flo Pro Muffler.

It will 'talk' to you :)
Mine is just the factory downpipe with a 4ft piece of tubing added and a short extension/turndown on the end that dumps right before the axle. Planned on putting a full exhaust on one day but this was the most cost effective way at the time and hasn't been change yet.
Not loud at all, the 5in I've heard always seems to have a more drone when straight piped, with mufflers isn't as bad. And yes, the tailpipe actually did rust off unfortunately.

The tune can also change the exhaust sound quite a bit, mine stays on stock or towing. No need for more power as far as I'm concerned, don't want to have to replace the trans!

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #62  
You guys want to hear a sweet Diesel engine?
Check out an 8.3L Cummins.
What a nice sound. Wish I could upload a video of my MX-270. It makes over 1800 ft/lbs PTO torque stock. Mines tuned up a little.
Sounds amazing

1623025789581.jpeg

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #63  
Nice tractor Hay Dude.

To me, there is no nicer sound than the old Mack Superliner's I used to run with cranked up Mack E9 V8's with dual straight pipes pulling 140,000 pounds up 12% grades.

This kinda sound.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #64  
Mine is just the factory downpipe with a 4ft piece of tubing added and a short extension/turndown on the end that dumps right before the axle. Planned on putting a full exhaust on one day but this was the most cost effective way at the time and hasn't been change yet.
Not loud at all, the 5in I've heard always seems to have a more drone when straight piped, with mufflers isn't as bad. And yes, the tailpipe actually did rust off unfortunately.

The tune can also change the exhaust sound quite a bit, mine stays on stock or towing. No need for more power as far as I'm concerned, don't want to have to replace the trans!
Not to be an alarmist, but if you want an exhaust system, you better get with it. They're getting hard to find anymore. The EPA (bless their fascist little hearts) is shutting them down too.

If you're doing it yourself, 4'' is probabaly the way to go. The 5'' will make you gray before your time. A muffler is worth it, IMO.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #66  
The B3350 was 'old style' mechanical injection. They just screwed up. Happens to the best. I'm not clear on what happened but...

Bosch has made a lot of injectors of all styles. Some worked, some absolutely sucked. Same with their fuel pumps.

I will generally take Denso over Bosch. I've never cared much for Bosch.
Caterpillar liked them (Bosch). Honestly, I don't know what is on my Kubota's but they look like Bosch. Never been a fan of the Rosa Master rotary pumps.

Whatever they are, I'm having good luck with both of them. No issues since 2002.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #68  
Not to be an alarmist, but if you want an exhaust system, you better get with it. They're getting hard to find anymore. The EPA (bless their fascist little hearts) is shutting them down too.

If you're doing it yourself, 4'' is probabaly the way to go. The 5'' will make you gray before your time. A muffler is worth it, IMO.
Not worried about, the 5.9 exhaust will work and those are still plentiful, it will get a muffler. Current setup is working fine so haven't felt rushed to change it out.