Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors?

/ Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors? #1  

KanakaRick

Silver Member
Tractor
KIoti DK50S
I live in California and most of the used tractors are on the east coast

I live in an area with very few used tractors and was wondering if there was anyone out there that has a service where they will check out used tractors for buyers across the country (not sure what it is called). We have a local guy in town who does that for cars- will find out of state cars and have them checked out before the purchase.

Or an alternative would be a reputable dealer with a large used inventory- perhaps Kioti or other good brand....I am looking for a tractor with a cab , 60+ hp

/ Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors? #2  
I live in California and most of the used tractors are on the east coast

I live in an area with very few used tractors and was wondering if there was anyone out there that has a service where they will check out used tractors for buyers across the country (not sure what it is called). We have a local guy in town who does that for cars- will find out of state cars and have them checked out before the purchase.

Or an alternative would be a reputable dealer with a large used inventory- perhaps Kioti or other good brand....I am looking for a tractor with a cab , 60+ hp
Even in the East, or mid West, good used tractors are so easy to sell in current market conditions, I very seriously doubt that you will find any individual willing to do what you want.

/ Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors? #3  
It's unlikely you'll find a reputable dealer (or even a disreputable dealer) with a large used inventory. Decent used tractors are in high demand because they're scarce at the moment - as are new ones.

/ Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors? #4  
Car finders...maybe there are tractor finders also. Occasionally on tractor forums I see where people are moving and downsizing and sell there tractors and equipment.
Maybe list wanted to buy. Also figure out how far you're willing to travel, check craigslist in those areas.

/ Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors? #5  
Interesting discussion.

Back in the day I did a similar service in aviation.
Not very often but I did save some clients some serious $$'s.
Aviation did however have data a base of directives for each and every model so the task was fairly easy. (as long as U were subscribed to the service)
Apart from compulsory repairs I also on occasion found illegal repairs that could cost big $$'s.

Having 'been there, done that' I hired (practiced what I preached) a dozer mechanic when I purchased a tracked machine.
Well he spotted some serious defects that I was able to negotiate into my purchase and I ended up with an excellent machine (once repaired) for the negotiated price.
I had agreed to the asked price providing the vender made good the repairs and that saved me big $$'s.
Worked that machine for 4 years and sold it for exact same price that I had paid for it.

OH, and my consulting mechanic merely cost me an hour or 2 of his standard wages.

Last edited:
   / Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors? #6  
You have been looking at tractorhouse.com or machinerytrader.com correct?

/ Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors?
Yes, I have..... not much to choose from in the 60-70hp turbo 4x4 with a cab, pre-2013 with low miles.... (maybe I am being too picky)....

/ Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors? #8  
that would be a dream job, and a nightmare

/ Is there anyone out there that has a service of shopping for tractors? #9  
What you want is "purchase insurance" for your pig-in-a-poke.

The cost of the insurance is the price of a new tractor from a dealer with full warranty minus the cost of your mystery vehicle.