Is this right?

/ Is this right? #1  

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
I have a Husqvarna 340 chainsaw, about 10 years old. When I fill up the tank the fuel come out the side that is facing down (the side opposite the gas tank). I see a place where a fuel line might be attached but I cannot see a dangling fuel line or where the other side would be attached. I'll try to attach photos.

/ Is this right?
I have a Husqvarna 340 chainsaw, about 10 years old. When I fill up the tank the fuel come out the side that is facing down (the side opposite the gas tank). I see a place where a fuel line might be attached but I cannot see a dangling fuel line or where the other side would be attached. I'll try to attach photos.

IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1702.JPG

/ Is this right? #3  
Could be a fuel line nipple either going to the carb, or a return line from the primer bulb. Need to remove the cover and start checking fuel lines. Should be a line from carb to the tank which would also have the fuel filter on the engine. A line from the carb to the primer bulb, and a line from the primer bulb back to the tank.

/ Is this right?
The nipple shown does not connect to a fuel line, that's what threw me off. The other line next to it was severed at the turn into the housing toward the primer button and I did not see it until I took off the handle and stretched it apart. Replaced it and it works well. Thanks

/ Is this right? #5  
The nipple shown does not connect to a fuel line, that's what threw me off. The other line next to it was severed at the turn into the housing toward the primer button and I did not see it until I took off the handle and stretched it apart. Replaced it and it works well. Thanks
Then that would be the one way vent valve to allow air into the tank to prevent vacuum. Sometimes had to tell what is what but I had the suspicion that it could also be the vent valve.