Iseki TS2220F / Bolens G244 Clutch Trans Problems

/ Iseki TS2220F / Bolens G244 Clutch Trans Problems #1  

skav2407

Tractor
Bolens G 244 / Iseki TS2420F
Hello,

I purchased my tractor last month knowing it had a problem with either the clutch or trans but the price was right. I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is though. It starts up no problem but when I put it in a low gear the tractor shudders like it wants to move but it is being held back. It will keep shuddering even after I clutch in. I have to take it out of gear for the shuddering to stop. If I try a high gear it will grind as soon as I let out the clutch. The brakes aren't stuck as I can move the tractor with the loader or backhoe easily. I've tried engaging the diff lock without any luck. I pulled the covers on the shifter and creeper selector and the gears I could see looked good although the fluid needs to be changed. I wish I could look in at the clutch using the inspection port but the loader arm does a nice job of blocking it. Does anyone have any ideas I could try?

/ Iseki TS2220F / Bolens G244 Clutch Trans Problems #2  
Can you see all the gears when the covers are removed? If not, you'll probably need to pull the tranny and inspect the entire geared drive train to make sure all is well. The grinding in high gear is disturbing. I suppose it could be something with the clutch but without tearing it down it will likely be hard to diagnose.

/ Iseki TS2220F / Bolens G244 Clutch Trans Problems
These are the pictures I took from inside the gearbox. The areas I could get at. I know the fluid doesn't look good and I plan on changing it when I get things sorted out. Maybe I should pull off the PTO arm box and look down in there? The fluid in there looked good. I just got my service and owners manual the other day so I'll check out the procedure for doing that. Is there anything I should look for in particular? I'll take lots of pictures!

hilo1.jpghilo2.jpgtrans1.jpgtrans2.jpgtrans3.jpgtrans4.jpgtrans5.jpg

/ Iseki TS2220F / Bolens G244 Clutch Trans Problems #4  
Hi. Do you still have the tractor? Thanks Matt. Also RI.

Hello,

I purchased my tractor last month knowing it had a problem with either the clutch or trans but the price was right. I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is though. It starts up no problem but when I put it in a low gear the tractor shudders like it wants to move but it is being held back. It will keep shuddering even after I clutch in. I have to take it out of gear for the shuddering to stop. If I try a high gear it will grind as soon as I let out the clutch. The brakes aren't stuck as I can move the tractor with the loader or backhoe easily. I've tried engaging the diff lock without any luck. I pulled the covers on the shifter and creeper selector and the gears I could see looked good although the fluid needs to be changed. I wish I could look in at the clutch using the inspection port but the loader arm does a nice job of blocking it. Does anyone have any ideas I could try?