JD 14t baler help :)

/ JD 14t baler help :) #1  

born2ride

Tractor
hydro 84
I have a few questions on this baler. Hope someone can shed some light on this..

IN the pic.
The pink circle is loose.. Questions is why?
The blue circle has bolt missing?
The red circle.. Are the brackets broken off and welded higher than normal?

Thanks B2R

Attachments

• jd14t.JPG
    jd14t.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 702
   / JD 14t baler help :) #2  
pink -- it will be loose until you start bailing hay, when the bale chamber is full, the screw/spring applies drag to the bale, which determines the bale density.

Blue -- yes the bolt is missing, it's to allow the top half of the bale chamber to move slightly as the plunger moves the hay in and out. It acts like a hinge, see page 1 of the PDF below, it does need a bolt and bushing. Make sure the front left end moves freely.

Red -- it does look like it has broke in the past and re-welded. Looks like it's the support arm for the chute extension, usually a small chain would hold the extension up so the bale would be directed to trailing wagon. Ours didn't have the height of that one, it had a hook bolted/welded to the top of the bale chamber.

If it helps here's the manual for that baler, flip into page 24 for the bale chamber detail. http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/pdfs/PC0426.PDF

/ JD 14t baler help :)
RippySkippy

Thanks for the information and the pdf... I have a few other questions..

I am trying to figure out the bolt that holds the tongue together. The bolt that was in there seems small and was wire tied up.. The question is where does it bolt too? Just a nut or the case?

The chain is contacting that part. i could not figure out where it was in the manual. The adjustment chain is at the end .. how can i tighten chain with keeping unit in time?
Last question I think .. What oils should i check and where? gear box and slipper clutch
Thanks b2r

Attachments

• 14tbaler2.JPG
    14tbaler2.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 14tbaler3.JPG
    14tbaler3.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 419
   / JD 14t baler help :) #4  
I am trying to figure out the bolt that holds the tongue together. The bolt that was in there seems small and was wire tied up.. The question is where does it bolt too? Just a nut or the case?

I see there are three bolt sizes listed on page 39, and it could be the on your baler is undersized or the wrong sized. I "think" it bolts into the case, but could be wrong. Check your serial number against the suggested bolt and go from there. If the wrong bolt was installed the hole could be worn out most likely egg shaped. If that's the case then you'll have to either drill it out round or weld up a repair to bring it back tight.

The chain is contacting that part. i could not figure out where it was in the manual. The adjustment chain is at the end .. how can i tighten chain with keeping unit in time?
I didn't see anything that looked like that either...could you take a picture a bit further out? If the adjustment is a built in mechanism, you should be able to take up the slack. If it's too worn, you may be ahead to remove a link and replace with a half link.

Last question I think .. What oils should i check and where? gear box and slipper clutch
Thanks b2r
The best thing I can suggest is to google for a manual, I see there are several available, and I don't have the specs at hand. Most of the slip clutches operate dry. There's a plug on the back and bottom of the gear boxes (page 8) the back is for fill and level, and bottom for changing. On page 7 theres one on the bottom, and one on the top I don't see a level plug so it may be by volume (?) that would seem odd though, thats where the manual would help.

Hope that helps...

/ JD 14t baler help :) #5  
That chain has an idler sprocket on top of it. It is on page 6,#5 Loosen the bolt,and slide it down to tighten the chain.

Last edited:
   / JD 14t baler help :)
Barry 1
That adjustment is at the end of travel.. I believe chain is worn/sprockets worn... I thought od just removing link but i do not see a master..
RippySkippy
I missed the 3 bolt size s thanks.. I can see up there the hole egg and stripped. Dam. Dont think I will have time to play with the tongue bolt before use.

I have owners manual for the baler on on pdf.. Just so you know..Talks about filling and fluid types..