JD 240 Riding Mower - bagger or mulch system option?

/ JD 240 Riding Mower - bagger or mulch system option? #1  

Kelso

Tractor
JD 3320 w 300CX Loader; JD 830 (1975); Farmall Cub (1948)
Hi -

Does anyone have knowledge or experience with John Deere 240 riding mower and capable of adding a bagger system? JD says a mulch system is optional with mulch blades.
My dad has a new one, JD dealer said that JD doesn't plan to make a bagger for it, not sure if he has mulching system on it. He is picky about the clippings, has been use to baggers for years.

Thanks for your help!
Kelso
  • 42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep™ Deck, compatible with optional MulchControl™ kit

/ JD 240 Riding Mower - bagger or mulch system option? #2  
My first riding mower - JD X90. It had a bagging system. I used it two times and then gave the entire bagging system to a friend in town. When I mow, the major thing that gets pick up and blown - Ponderosa pine needles. I was on/off that mower every five minuets - dumping both collection bags.

Now I have a new JD X570 with mulch blades. Just mulch everything and blow it out the side.

/ JD 240 Riding Mower - bagger or mulch system option? #3  
Not sure if it is available or not, does he bag often ir just when the clippings are heavy? The clippings actually ad nutrients back to the lawn if bagger is not an option maybe a lawn sweeper would do.

/ JD 240 Riding Mower - bagger or mulch system option? #4  
So when you bring up an Accel deck, does this mean you are talking about an S240? If so, they show baggers for that in parts. BUC10284 is for serial numbers below 880,000 and BUC10907 for above.

/ JD 240 Riding Mower - bagger or mulch system option?
Not sure if it is available or not, does he bag often ir just when the clippings are heavy? The clippings actually ad nutrients back to the lawn if bagger is not an option maybe a lawn sweeper would do.
Thank you Jimmy Joe. Yes I tried telling him nutrients are added back, he understands, just trying to get the mulching blades if it didn't come w it.