JD 310SG Losing Power

/ JD 310SG Losing Power #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I'm out trying to move this heavy wet snow today and she just won't rev up.
Tractor has almost 6000 hours with excellent maintenance.
Everything sounds good and the gauges look good. Starts right up and drives fine, but it is like the last half of the throttle just isn't there.
The local dealer replaced the engine computer replaced with a new one 30 hours ago so that probably isn't it.

Any Ideas?
rScotty

/ JD 310SG Losing Power #2  
Have you checked for good fuel flow from tank to inj pump? Is tank venting?

/ JD 310SG Losing Power
Have you checked for good fuel flow from tank to inj pump? Is tank venting?
Jim, good to hear from you. I was hoping you would comment. No I haven't checked that - three feet of snow this weekend and still coming down hard today. And I haven't changed the final fuel filter recently so that could be it too.
It does feel to me like fuel starvation & that goes to the top of the list because of your comment.

BTW, why do they (the ops manual) call #RE509031 a "final" fuel filter? Is there some other filter I've overlooked?

Other other question that could be related. My foot throttle spring broke a few years ago - the spring down right by the throttle pedal shaft - and so I bought one. But when I went to put it in, that silly spring was so much work to do (have to remove the dash & steering!)......
that I rigged up an external spring. If there is a trick to getting that OEM spring into proper position I'd sure like to know it.

Oh... I will check that vent for Mud Dabber wasp nests and such. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.
rScotty

/ JD 310SG Losing Power #4  
Sorry I have no experience about foot speed control on late model JD ind tractors. A couple of weeks back the rare Texas snow left one of my pasture access roads impassable from snow drifts for my 4WD pickup. I'm glad the drifted snow melted in a couple of days so I could feed my livestock some MORE hay.

I've seen fuel filters called primary & secondary but I don't remember seeing final fuel filter utilized either.