JD 430

/ JD 430 #1  

JRMOPAR

Tractor
Kubota B2601
JD 430 2WD with belly mower - no 3-point or PTO. Any ideas on value/pricing? Thanks in advance. -j.r.

/ JD 430 #2  
What year? Is it a 4300 or 4310? How many hours and what kind of shape is it in? Hydro or gear?
I don't think anyone could give you a guess on a price without more information.
I'm not sure I understand...no 3PH and no PTO?
The 3PH arms could have been removed, but the PTO shaft should be there. I'd guess this machine had a backhoe attached at one time

/ JD 430 #3  
I think he is refering to the super garden tractor 430, 3point and pto were add-ons.

/ JD 430 #4  
The easiest way to get the market value for just about anything is to go to eBay and do an advanced search on completed auctions. There are enough 430's on there to get a feel. Also look at 400's and 420's and add a couple hundred for the diesel engine. The 430 is a great tractor. Without doing what I just suggested, I am going to guess it is worth around $3,500.

/ JD 430 #5  
js5020 said:
I think he is refering to the super garden tractor 430, 3point and pto were add-ons.

Oops! Sorry, guess I was thinking tractors, not lawn tractors.

/ JD 430 #6  
Depends on the overall condition, $3500 sounds fair. Has it had an engine rebuild? Hours? What condition is the 60" Deck in? As I recall these had a Yanmar diesel and power steering.

Good Luck!

/ JD 430
Guys - thanks for the info - sorry I should have mentioned it was more of a garden tractor - I guess I consider it a compact tractor since it is diesel. Anyway I think Dad paid about $3500 for it 4 years ago so if he can get his money out of it that would be great (I don't think he has put hardly any hours on it). Don't know why he got it to start with as we really need something with a FEL so 2 WD is not going to cut it. Also we need a brush hog, PHD etc. and not having a 3-point or PTO makes this thing pretty useless on his few acres of overgrown mountain land (especially considering he already has a riding mower for the yard!). Thanks again for the help. -j.r.