JD 5210 cold start sensor

/ JD 5210 cold start sensor #1  

Texastwist

Tractor
John Deere 5210
5210 blowing F2 fuse. trying to pin it down. Can someone post a picture of where the cold start sensor is located on the 5210? Any other help in troubleshooting this. I live in Texas and we are trying to recover from this winter disaster. I lost 12 cows to the cold. Can't put out hay till I get this tractor running and no way to get it to a dealer . PLEASE help.

/ JD 5210 cold start sensor #2  
Welcome to TBN
Sorry to hear about you losing your cows. Luckily my cows/calves survived the record breaking cold temps. I think cold start sensor is on inj pump on your model. I do some research.

/ JD 5210 cold start sensor #3  
I traded my 5310 and the tech manual went with it but is F2 the fuse for the fuel shutoff?

/ JD 5210 cold start sensor #4  
I think that's the component that is wired to the fuel shutoff on the injector pump. If it is you can lift the wire going to the sensor there and tape it off. That should clear the short. If you look at the electrical stud on the injector pump there are 2 wires landed on it. You will have to ohm it out or trial and error but I believe this may be your issue.

/ JD 5210 cold start sensor #5  
see if this helps - I also have a PDF of the tech manual you're welcome to, if wanted shoot me your email

Attachments

• Screen Shot 5210.png
    Screen Shot 5210.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
   / JD 5210 cold start sensor
I found it! unplugged, replaced F2 fuse and Tractor started!!! See photo for location5210 cold start sensor.jpg It is in the upper left. unpluged plug showing. sensor is actually that faint gold ring.