JD 5320 Fuel Injectors

/ JD 5320 Fuel Injectors #1  

jimjo2

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, 5303, 5320, Z997R
I have a 2003, John Deere 5320 and it smokes really bad at startup. I've never had a problem with getting it started and it runs great. I believe my injectors need to be replaced. There is a strong odor of raw fuel in the exhaust. How difficult is it to get the injectors removed?

/ JD 5320 Fuel Injectors #2  
I have a John Deere 1999 5210 that I purchased in 2009. When I would start it up, it did smoke some. Even after warming up, if it idled for a few minutes. It would smoke some (white smoke). I started using John Deere fuel conditioner and about after 3 tanks no more smoking and it starts now, even after sitting for a week literally with just the flick of the key.

Something else you may find of value. When I go to replace the fuel filter, I follow the steps in the manual and I fill the new filter with fuel before putting it on. Doing it this way, I very had to bleed it to get it started.

/ JD 5320 Fuel Injectors #3  
How many hrs showing on your tractors speed/hr meter? I agree with JD5210 has any diesel fuel injector cleaner been added to fuel tank lately. Has tractor been put to work getting engine temp to operating range lately? It's possible cold start advance function isn't operating correctly on your tractor engine.