JD 5520 "Clutch Groan"

/ JD 5520 "Clutch Groan"
Here's a video of the issue. Can't feather the clutch it goes from 0-100%.

Well you realize that makes a great deal of difference for anyone trying to imagine what might be going on.

In that case, then by all means, split the tractor. I've heard a similar sound many times with dry clutch button disc plates. I believe it's occurs when the buttons wear down to a point where the metal jacket around and behind the buttons come into contact with the pressure plates. The sound comes while the disc and pressure plates are turning at different speeds, and disappears once the clutch is fully engaged. In this case the plate in question is the trapped disc, so you won't see it unless you dismantle the clutch assembly after removal.

/ JD 5520 "Clutch Groan"
Well you realize that makes a great deal of difference for anyone trying to imagine what might be going on.

In that case, then by all means, split the tractor. I've heard a similar sound many times with dry clutch button disc plates. I believe it's occurs when the buttons wear down to a point where the metal jacket around and behind the buttons come into contact with the pressure plates. The sound comes while the disc and pressure plates are turning at different speeds, and disappears once the clutch is fully engaged. In this case the plate in question is the trapped disc, so you won't see it unless you dismantle the clutch assembly after removal.
I think you're right, it is the clutch. Clearing out the garage to make room for the split. Thanks for weighing in I will post what I find.

/ JD 5520 "Clutch Groan" #23  
Is your tractors throttle stuck? Due to tire slippage in your video when changing directions plus noise level of engine sound in your video I suggest you address lowering your tractors engine rpm's before changing your tractors directions. Lowering engine rpm's would be much easier/simpler than splitting tractor to R&R clutch. Varying engine rpm's when changing tractor directions was made much easier when the foot throttle pedal was introduced.

/ JD 5520 "Clutch Groan" #24  
Tx Jim is right, you have to many revs on when you let the clutch out.

/ JD 5520 "Clutch Groan" #25  
Brakes are fine, just replaced them last week.Did you do as I said ? Without the gasket....then with the gasket ?

/ JD 5520 "Clutch Groan"
Is your tractors throttle stuck? Due to tire slippage in your video when changing directions plus noise level of engine sound in your video I suggest you address lowering your tractors engine rpm's before changing your tractors directions. Lowering engine rpm's would be much easier/simpler than splitting tractor to R&R clutch. Varying engine rpm's when changing tractor directions was made much easier when the foot throttle pedal was introduced.
It must be a quirk of the video. The engine rpm's are 1400, barely above idle.

/ JD 5520 "Clutch Groan" #27  
It must be a quirk of the video. The engine rpm's are 1400, barely above idle.
Most diesel engines I'm acquainted with idle @ around 800 rpm's. Tractordata lists 5520 engine idle speed @ 825 rpm's. IMHO 575 rpm's above rated idle speed isn't barely above idle speed. Please make a video & post of changing tractor directions at much closer to engine idle speeds for a comparison of rear tire slippage & "groaning" sound.

/ JD 5520 "Clutch Groan"
The update is on this thread.

The friction disk was down to rivets and pressure plate was ground down...