JD Hy-Guard compatibility....??

/ JD Hy-Guard compatibility....?? #1  

bswiv

Silver Member
Tractor
CAT D5G, Kubota M8540, KubotaB2700
Friend gave me about a gallon each of John Deere Hy-Guard hydraulic fluid......low viscosity and regular.......

Not wanting to waste it I'm wondering whether I am safe using it in my Cat D5G for the hydraulic system......or in my M8540 Kubota's hydraulic system?

What is it compatible with?

/ JD Hy-Guard compatibility....?? #2  
Pretty much all trans/hydraulic fluids are completely compatible. They have to be when there are so many hydraulically-driven attachments, implements, and rentals.
Hy-Gard is top quality. Look it up. They used to publish a table of other fluids that met the same quality specs.

/ JD Hy-Guard compatibility....?? #3  
A gallon? Toss it in with the used oil. Why risk a contamination/compatibility issue over a gallon or two of oil?

/ JD Hy-Guard compatibility....?? #4  
JD Hy-Gard & Kubota hyd oils are very compatible. There's no risk involved mixing the 2 brands of oil. I utilize Hy-gard in my Kubota M7040 transmission case

/ JD Hy-Guard compatibility....?? #5  
My tractor is suppose to use the low viscosity Hy Gard. They sold me the regular kind for my first change and the low viscosity for the second. I didn’t catch it until the second change so mine is a blend, no problems.

/ JD Hy-Guard compatibility....?? #6  
Not sure of the age of your Cat but are you sure it doesn’t use TDTO - Cat’s Transmission and Drive Train Oil, which has different additives than ag hydraulic oil.