JD Video

/ JD Video #1  

BadgerPhil

Has anyone seen the JD video comparing JD compacts to "Fiat-NH" and Kubota? Fairly diplomatic language. They claim that JD turns better despite the NH SS.
Question: The video also makes the claim that JD maintains torque much better-- they showed JD pushing through big pile of rock which stopped the others. Comments? (Urgent-- I may be deciding today!!:))

/ JD Video #2  
Videos are for chumps. Put your butt in the seat and test all of them and then compare features -vs- price and make your own decision. When you do that, you'll have a smile on your face and satisfaction in your heart that you made the best decision. It just doesn't matter if it's green, blue, orange, or red. If you are happy with it, everyone on this board will say, Welcome aboard!" Don't look at videos. After all, would you look at tractors if you wanted to buy a video game? I think not.

Just my $0.02 worth...

JimI

/ JD Video #3  
Phil,

I have not seen the video but knowing my TC40D and how its transmission reacts I don't see how the tractor would be stopped short of the wheels spinning. You could stall the tractor if it was in too high of a range for the task at hand but that is true of any machine.

Try the machines out for yourself. Put the machines at low throttle, high range, find a slope, then "stomp" on it. Feel how the machine reacts. This is not as good as actually placing the tractors side by side equipped with plows, discs, piles of stone, etc, but will give an indication of how the engine and transmission respond when put under load (a proxy for torque).

Be careful of marketing hype. JD may be right or may be wrong, I am not judging JD, they make a great piece of equipment. I've supported many marketing types in my days of corporate work and they have a tendency to stretch the facts to illustrate a point. It all comes down to experience, Yours. How you like it (and your spouse?) and the benefits you will receive.

Have fun looking and Deciding!

DaveV

/ JD Video #4  
I wonder if thats the same video that cowboydoc and I are still waiting on??
I believe the video from Texas and only one has to do call 1-800 number.

Where did you get the video?

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ JD Video
The JD dealer sent the video to me. I think he has a stack of them in his office!
P.s... Sorry about delay-- busy and slow forum loading for me.