JD X485 Fuel thirsty

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #11  
My 4010 uses 0.45 gallons/hr. Based on extensive data on automobiles, a carbureted model would use 50% more. A fuel-injected model would use only about 25% more. Otherwise, prorate on hp if nearly same weight or weight and hp if different weight. The 4010 is 18.5 hp and about 2600# with FEL and LX4.

If you're ever comparing automobiles/trucks, the above factors work, but mostly just on weight.

Ralph

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have only one complaint about the X595. That darn fuel level indicator is either 3/4 to full or about to run empty. There seems to be no middle )</font> Hey awlchu - Had kind'a the same problem with mine - except it read FULL all the time!! The dealer replaced the gauge package, but it still does the same thing!! Since it sips diesel at such a leisurely pace, I just make sure I fill up each time I mow, and, no prob's. That diesel's definitely the way to go.

Oops!! That has nothing to do with the original post. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #13  
I upgraded from a 335 20HP gas to a 355D 18HP. The rated fuel consumtion is half on the 'lil diesel. I'm sure the comparable X series engines are the same.