JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #11  
Had that problem when I got my 2130 with Bush Hog Loader. After going completely through the main pump, I realized that the Bush Hog loader has a relief valve near the joystick that was set to relieve at lower pressure than the stroke control on the pump. This heated the fluid up quickly when attempting loader work. As the fluid warmed up the loader got extremely weak, and heat could be felt at loader valves under joystick. Adjusted both load valve and main pump stroke control with a pressure gauge to about 2250 psi (tried higher and broke stuff), keep loader valve slightly higher than stroke control. Everything worked great for a 200+ hours, then I lost all hydraulic functions two days ago, still working on that on (thus why I'm here).

Get rid of the relief valve in the Bush Hog loader and install a no relief plug for that valve.

Is the Bush Hg valve a closed center valve? If it is closed center, was it converted correctly.

The purpose if a closed center pump system is to only work hard while a cyl or motor is using fluid, and goes to standby at some lower pressure., therefore saving energy, less wear, and can use a smaller hyd pump .

There is usually only one relief close to the pump on closed center hyd systems.

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #12  
No problem.
What would you call the flow/pressure line from a closed center pump? The supply line actually goes to an IN port on each valve.

I'd call the pressure line leaving a closed center pump to a valve a "pressure or supply line" not a PB. Granted some convertible valves utilize a PBY port but it must be blocked(plugged) for CC hyd system to operate correctly

There is no true relief valve on the high side except for rockshaft thermal relief valve of a JD closed center hyd system other than the stroke control valve in the pump. Yes there's a pressure control valve that gives priority pressure for steering on all models and brakes on some models but it is a diverter valve not a relief valve. In lieu of installing a no relief plug in a FEL valve why not tighten relief down until it bottoms out for CC applications?

Last edited: