Jinma 204 fuel shutoff

/ Jinma 204 fuel shutoff #1  

Ullrich83627

Tractor
Many ford, massey, farmall JD case
Browsed the forum and couldnt find a topic that covered this so thought I would ask.

I was out a a customers a week or two ago replacing some bearings on a disc or him.

I saw a little Jinma 204 not far from where I was working that had been sitting. Thinking I need a smaller tractor for my tiller I asked him about it.

He said 2 or 3 years ago he had been using it to scribe some handline tracks and when he shut it off it wouldnt restart. He just parked it figuring someday he might get to it. That if I wanted it and thought I could get it running I was welcome to it.

Finished his bearings and went and did some investigation. I believe the plunger for the fuel shutoff is stuck or broken.

Finding information or schematics for these little beasts is tough. I plan on trailering it home tomorrow and tearing into it and would like to know if there is anything I should worry about.

Has anyone taken the Governor section off the back of one of these injector pumps?

As the tractor is a freebie dropping a $600 pump on it doesnt hurt my feelings much. I'm just pretty confident this should be a pretty straight forward plunger fix.

/ Jinma 204 fuel shutoff #2  
A stuck injector rack is not unheard of. I would suggest draining the IP crankcase oil and refilling with fresh motor oil. The governor and IP are lubed by the same sump and oil changes are often overlooked. Might not fix you problem but certainly won't hurt. Only takes a few ounces of oil.
Some fuel cut off levers are actuated by rods and some by cable. If by cable, does it go slack when pushed back in? There should be a spring somewhere that will hold the rack in the run position. You could try disconnecting the actuating lever from the cable/rods and moving it by hand. I think gently tapping on the lever wouldn't hurt anything and a little vibration might free things up.
Another option is to drain the crankcase and plug off the overflow then fill to the top with clean diesel and let it sit and soak for a day or so. Wiggle/tap on it every so often and see if you can get it moving again.
I've never had to take mine apart but from what I understand they are dead simple, just don't be messing with any of the adjustments.
Hopefully others with more experience working on the injection pump will chime in.

/ Jinma 204 fuel shutoff #3  
If we can help you with any parts please let us know, we have one of the largest parts supplys for the Jinma Tractors in the USA

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
www.affordabletractorsalesco.com
979-865-4002

/ Jinma 204 fuel shutoff
A stuck injector rack is not unheard of. I would suggest draining the IP crankcase oil and refilling with fresh motor oil. The governor and IP are lubed by the same sump and oil changes are often overlooked. Might not fix you problem but certainly won't hurt. Only takes a few ounces of oil.
Some fuel cut off levers are actuated by rods and some by cable. If by cable, does it go slack when pushed back in? There should be a spring somewhere that will hold the rack in the run position. You could try disconnecting the actuating lever from the cable/rods and moving it by hand. I think gently tapping on the lever wouldn't hurt anything and a little vibration might free things up.
Another option is to drain the crankcase and plug off the overflow then fill to the top with clean diesel and let it sit and soak for a day or so. Wiggle/tap on it every so often and see if you can get it moving again.
I've never had to take mine apart but from what I understand they are dead simple, just don't be messing with any of the adjustments.
Hopefully others with more experience working on the injection pump will chime in.
First thing I did was change the oil in the IP. And tap the arm. The lever moves freely and snaps back to the run position. It however doesnt feel like anything is moving or attached to the arm. We have had a crazy spring planting season and I have not had time to get it home or even go back and play with it. Hopefully I can do something this weekend. This will be a fun handy little tractor for my small hobby farm.

I think I will likely order a injector pump and have it on hand just incase. From what I am reading the IP seems to be a common issue on these tractors.

Thanks for the input

/ Jinma 204 fuel shutoff #5  
First thing I did was change the oil in the IP. And tap the arm. The lever moves freely and snaps back to the run position. It however doesnt feel like anything is moving or attached to the arm. We have had a crazy spring planting season and I have not had time to get it home or even go back and play with it. Hopefully I can do something this weekend. This will be a fun handy little tractor for my small hobby farm.

I think I will likely order a injector pump and have it on hand just incase. From what I am reading the IP seems to be a common issue on these tractors.

Thanks for the input
The fuel injection pump and governor are two independent assemblies that work together. You have to remember that there is no mechanical connection between the two (that's why I laugh every time I see someone pumping the throttle on a diesel engine).