Jinma 284 overheating - thermostat part number?

/ Jinma 284 overheating - thermostat part number? #21  
Thanks Rich.
But no matter the size of engine, the same principles apply. I think most tractor owners (foregin or domestic) don't have information like that, they just want them to run, and run right.

/ Jinma 284 overheating - thermostat part number? #22  
Thanks Rich.
But no matter the size of engine, the same principles apply.

That's the good thing about having that information - it applies to any engine once you understand it and that article makes things understandable, at least to me. Years ago my Pop tried to explain it to me in terms of the Laws of Thermodynamics and it was pretty abstract and hard for me to grasp. Now it all fits togethr and I can see what he was talking about.

/ Jinma 284 overheating - thermostat part number? #23  
Would the 395 engine take the same Napa Thermostat for a JM 354 tractor? bjr

/ Jinma 284 overheating - thermostat part number? #24  
Should. I had a Yanmar, two JM254s, a TS354C, a KM454, and now JD3750 cab. Except for operating range, all thermostats were interchangeable. Stay in the 70C to 85C range (of tractor thermostats), and you'll be OK

//greg//

/ Jinma 284 overheating - thermostat part number?
A quick note of thanks from the original poster to all who have responded. After three weeks of usage with the new thermostat, I can say that the engine temperature is far more stable, under all operating conditions, then it has ever been in the seven years that I have owned this tractor (from new). One of the responses said that the mfr seems to just buy what is on sale. This seems to be true as the original thermostat's performance and quality is questionable. I think that I would advise anyone who has unaccountable temperature issues to just change the thermostat since it is so easy and inexpensive.

/ Jinma 284 overheating - thermostat part number? #26  
Thanks for suggesting chaff. I was about to replace the water pump and thermostat and when searching for thermostat part numbers and water pump I found this post and saw the chaff suggestion. That was my issue. I could actually still see light through the radiator but I thought I'd try giving it a little clean since it was a simple free possible solution. I was surprised at all the chaff in there. And after cleaning no more overheating. Thanks so much guys. I'm definitely adding this to my regular maintenance.

/ Jinma 284 overheating - thermostat part number? #27  
I was surprised at all the chaff in there. And after cleaning no more overheating. Thanks so much guys. I'm definitely adding this to my regular maintenance.
Installing furnace filter media in front of the radiator virtually eliminates the need for maintenance cleaning.