John Deere 1050 light switch question

/ John Deere 1050 light switch question #1  

Dcapitoni

Tractor
John Deere 1050
I recently purchased a 1050. The person I bough it from replaced the starter. In the mean time, all of the wiring was disconnected except for the key switch, battery, and starter. I started reworking all of it and found out my light switch CH18036 does not work. Can anyone tell me what all this controls? I assume front and rear lights but does it also control the turn signals/hazard lights? My switch won't even turn so I can't even see how many switch settings it has to even be able to guess. Thanks in advance
Dominic

/ John Deere 1050 light switch question #2  
:welcome: to TBN

Do you have the service tech manual that would have all the wiring schematics? That with a VOM meter would be a good way to track down the wiring and what works or not.

/ John Deere 1050 light switch question #3  
The 1050 will not have a turn signal switch nor does it have actual turn signals. The amber lights are used as flashing warning lights only and is controlled by the light switch. All lights are controlled by one switch... At least if it is still set up as when it left the factory.

/ John Deere 1050 light switch question #4  
I have a PDF of the 1050 tech manual you're welcome to, if wanted shoot me your email

Joe

/ John Deere 1050 light switch question #5  
I have a PDF of the 1050 tech manual you're welcome to, if wanted shoot me your email

Joe
Joe, I could use that PDF of the 1050 Tech Manual - my tractor has no lights when I turn the key to start it; just ran it for 2 hours running a PTO Chipper, but now no red lights when I turn the key to start it.

/ John Deere 1050 light switch question #6  
   / John Deere 1050 light switch question #7  
All lights are controlled from that one switch. There are several combinations with headlights, flashers and the rear worklight. The fender mounted lights all use a case ground. In my experience many of these fenders have lost their ground as they have aged. I ran a ground jumper to each fender to keep the lights working reliably.

/ John Deere 1050 light switch question #8  
If it has a canopy,the turn signals are up there,and it will have a turn signal switch on the left side of dash.
jj 002.JPG
jj 005.JPG