John Deere 1640

/ John Deere 1640 #1  

Elite605

Tractor
John Deere 2140
The jack raises but I have to move the steering wheel or the tipping lever. The power steering works very well.

Has anyone had such a problem?

John Deere 1640 2040 2140

/ John Deere 1640 #2  
Please explain what you're referring to when you state "The jack raises but I have to move the steering wheel or the tipping lever."?? JD utility tractors of that era didn't come with a "jack" & what is a tipping lever?

/ John Deere 1640
The jack of the external hydraulics or the jack of the front loader.
writes through a translator when I don't know all the words

/ John Deere 1640 #4  
Last edited by a moderator:
   / John Deere 1640 #7  
DLTTrekkers
If tipping valve(I'm guessing op's referring to fel bucket?) operates then please explain if my guess is correct how priority valve could be at fault? I think steering valve might be by passing internally.
Thanks, Jim

/ John Deere 1640 #8  
See the hydraulic sisteme as 2 seperate sistemes.
An open sisteme from the screenefilter up to just before the main hydraulic pump.
From there it changes to a close senter sisteme. All highpresure work to be done is close senter.( like your water sisteme in your home) You open a tap and the water flows.
When turning your steering the mainpump starts to work your steering. ( stop your steering and you close that tap.)
You wil not be able to turn your steering fast enough and for that moment your jacks starts to work !.
Stop the steering and the mainpump gose on standby.
If the standby pressure is to low it will efect aal other function downstreen.
A good starting point will by to test the highpressure just before the T-piece that gose to the steering.
Remember (close the tap) no flow but pressure(2250psi) If that is ok then add the steering and check the pressure again. If the pressure drops you have a problem in the steering. If not then disconnect the external hidraulics and block in with a stopplug.
Start and check if the rockshaft is working.( Add a 3point imliment and work with it)
If it is working fine...ok.
If not you will have to repair it.
Come back and we will help you !

/ John Deere 1640 #9  
DLTTrekkers
If tipping valve(I'm guessing op's referring to fel bucket?) operates then please explain if my guess is correct how priority valve could be at fault? I think steering valve might be by passing internally.
Thanks, Jim
With the little info we are all playing a guessing game