john deere 2130 draw bar height

/ john deere 2130 draw bar height #1  

wesf

Tractor
john deere 2130
I bought a 1977 john deere 2130 planning to use it to run my veermer disc cutter to cut coastal hay. Problem is the lift arms of the rockbars stop going down at 19 inches from the ground , my disc cutter cat II pins are 13 inches from the ground. Is that as low as they will drop?

/ john deere 2130 draw bar height #2  
Welcome to TBN
Have you repositioned the L/D control lever under the seat to position"D"? If that doesn't cause 3pt to lower closer to the ground then L/D mechanism needs to be adjusted following the numerous steps outlined in a JD 2130 tech manual.

/ john deere 2130 draw bar height
I have disconnected the actuator from the cab lever. It seems to work freely at the rear end , but did not lower the three point mechanism. does the rocker bar
(three point arms) on a 2130 get closer to the ground than 19 inches? It is a very tall tractor.

/ john deere 2130 draw bar height #4  
Yes, they do. Typically about 6-8" off the ground. This assumes no one had modified anything since 1977 or the sway chains aren't too tight. Or the lift arms are adjusted too high. Etc., etc. etc.

Post a photo of your 3ph setup. Perhaps someone can see an obvious problem.

/ john deere 2130 draw bar height
Thanks guys for your help. Now I know that the lift arms should get low enough. Am leaning to the lift arms being retimed to the driving shaft for the lift arms as it appears to lift way too high. Thanks again I will look at it in the morning when it is cooler.

/ john deere 2130 draw bar height #6  
I measured my JD 2030 for you to compare. It has 16.9 x 28" rear tires. A straight, not offset drawbar.
Ground to top of drawbar 17 3/4"
Ground to center of lower draft link hole 13 1/2"
I forgot to measure the center to center of the links, rockshaft arm to lower draft link. I know they can be lengthened to get the lower links even lower.