3-Point Hitch John Deere 3039R 3 point Hitch dropping/pulsating

/ John Deere 3039R 3 point Hitch dropping/pulsating #1  

bluecon1

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
Greetings all. I've searched the forum for my answers but hoped to get a bit more info before diving in and pulling things apart. I've read that there have been more than a few cases of people having the same problem as I have. The hitch lowers slightly then jumps up again. When I shut the engine off, the implement will drop to the ground within 10 minutes. Originally, my research had me focussed on the Rockshaft control valve, so I was going to ask for info on replacing/repairing that with a 3039R equipped with a cab. I did a final test today, closing the ROD valve, and it still does the same thing. My research says it could still be the Rockshaft Control valve or the cylinder is bypassing. If any of you have some experience with the R series tractors (maybe the series is irrelevant, so any expertise is appreciated), I'd certainly like to hear from you. More specifically, can the repair be done without removing the cab?? Thanks in advance!

Matt

/ John Deere 3039R 3 point Hitch dropping/pulsating #2  
Tractor 3pt designs are typically quite similar for all brands of tractors. So i would not limit your research to just the John Deere R series. In fact, i remember a Kioti tractor owner experienced the very same 3Pt hydraulic stability problem with his tractor this summer, and it was fixed by replacing a small needle valve (MEC) inside the MLS 3pt control. I will try to find the link to that thread.

Here is the link and start reading at post #43, everything up to that point was trying to get the dealer to respond appropriately to his 3pt problem.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428471