John Deere 5205 pump problem

/ John Deere 5205 pump problem #1  

CHARLES W FLORENCE

Tractor
John Deere 5205
My tractor is a 2000 5205 John Deere.The fuse of the solenoid fuel pump keeps bowing I am told the advanced fuel sensor causes this and if it is replaced this will solve the problem or you can disconnect it. The reason I have not just disconnected the sensor is that I cannot locate a sensor on this tractor that I bought new in 2000 . Also the only wires I can find on the pump is the wire that comes from the ignition. I was told to look for 2 wires coming out of the bottom of the pump and I might follow them to the sensor. I do not find any wires except the single hot ware coming from the ignition.

I did wire the pump directly to the battery. The tractor started right up and would advance to max rpms. (it would not advance but to 1500rpms before and would blow the solenoid fuse)I started to throttle it back and it shut off. I noticed the the bolt just below the hot wire ignition bolton the pump was smoking ,a lot, I immediately turned off the switch.I tried to start the engine again after a few mininites and it would not start. Is it fair to say that the capacitor switch on the inside of the pump on the top, just below the hot bolt connection possibly has been the cause of this problem? I think I might could replace the capacitor myself. You option on this is greatly appreciated.

/ John Deere 5205 pump problem #2  
Here is from JD parts, the cold start advance sensor, maybe now you can find it.

Attachments

• 5205coldstart.PNG
    5205coldstart.PNG
    310.5 KB · Views: 137