john deere x350 trans engage/disengage

/ john deere x350 trans engage/disengage #1  

greenjay

Tractor
2022 x350
I bought a new JD x350 and notice that the tractor can be pushed easily when transmission rod in the back is pushed in, (engaged) Other mowers I've owned are nearly locked up when engaged. Is this a sign of a future problem, The mower seems to work ok with pedals but is not as fast as other mowers I've used.

/ john deere x350 trans engage/disengage #2  
This seems to be normal with the newer machines. I have a X570 and notice the same thing. With the rod pushed in (engaged) I can easily push the tractor forward but I cannot push it backwards. With the rod pulled out it can be pushed forward and backward.

Like your experience, my previous 175 Hydro could not be pushed at all without pulling the transaxle by-pass lever.

/ john deere x350 trans engage/disengage
This seems to be normal with the newer machines. I have a X570 and notice the same thing. With the rod pushed in (engaged) I can easily push the tractor forward but I cannot push it backwards. With the rod pulled out it can be pushed forward and backward.

Like your experience, my previous 175 Hydro could not be pushed at all without pulling the transaxle by-pass lever.
thank you