Justed Added an Exceptional MF 281 to The Farm

/ Justed Added an Exceptional MF 281 to The Farm #1  

Farmer George J

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 281, GC 1710, 2900 Zero Turn
It is a real barn find owned by a older gentleman that hasn't been able to part with it even tho he stopped farming shortly after purchasing the tractor new in 2000. The farm is now sold and now he is having to sell it. The tractor has 166 hours on it, the plastic is still on the seat and the muffler still shows all the black paint it left the factory with. It's about 3 times the money I was looking to spend but I can't seem to find anything decent in that price range, I have looked at plenty of used tractors now and all have been in need of some kind of work or tires etc. So I'm hoping that spending more now may save me money in the long run not having repairs and expenses that go along with buying a very used tractor. Any thoughts on the 281? Since they only built them a few years I haven't been able to find out a lot about them but hope they are as good as other Massey's I own.

Attachments

• mf3.jpg
    mf3.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 672
  • mf6.jpg
    mf6.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 574
  • mf1.jpg
    mf1.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 327
   / Justed Added an Exceptional MF 281 to The Farm #2  
Time capsule find,🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Justed Added an Exceptional MF 281 to The Farm #3  
I don't know what you paid for it but I would love to have it.

/ Justed Added an Exceptional MF 281 to The Farm
The tractor is home, probably should look into changing all the fluids before starting farm chores with it. Everything is working fine on it. I think I will look into getting a canopy for it and possibly a fender mounted radio. Not sure if I will be able to hear much of it because the tractor seems pretty loud so maybe I may end up using some sort of headphones. Everyone that has seen it thinks it is brand new so I show them the hour meter to prove that there are some hours on it LoL.

Attachments

• t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 187
   / Justed Added an Exceptional MF 281 to The Farm #7  
That is an incredible score. It should offer you years of trouble free use.