K46 stuck in neutral?

/ K46 stuck in neutral? #1  

jeckel7234

Tractor
John Deere L115
John Deere L115 Automatic, K46 trans.

It was my fathers and a few weeks ago he said he was cutting his grass and then all of a sudden there was a "jump" or "shake" and then the mower wouldnt move anywhere. So he continued to pull the tranny drain the fluid and take a look inside to see if it was anything simple (he never took the pump or motor out just looked at the gears). So after not being able to see anything wrong he gave it to me.

Now not know much more than that I pulled the motor and pump out and they werent locked up or seemed like anything was wrong, filter and magnet were both relatively clean. So sealed it up and put 5w-50 synthetic back in it (assuming it would be the only way to test it being hydrostatic) to see if maybe it was something on the outside (linkage etc)

I tightened my drill chuck around the pulley/fan shaft, and slowly letting it spool up and the axles never turned at all no matter what speed (did this for 4 min +/-). If turned by hand both axles spin oppositely of one another.

And after talking to my father a little more he also said the lever that goes behind the mower that I guess normally would put the mower in neutral is not nearly as still as it used to be. It does swivel freely but its not a very stiff lockup on the setting it has.

I started looking through the hugh K46 repair guide thread but theres no way I could look through all that, so I was hoping someone could give me an idea on something I might be missing, I'd appreciate any help at all.

Thanks in advance

/ K46 stuck in neutral? #2  
John Deere L115 Automatic, K46 trans.

It was my fathers and a few weeks ago he said he was cutting his grass and then all of a sudden there was a "jump" or "shake" and then the mower wouldnt move anywhere. So he continued to pull the tranny drain the fluid and take a look inside to see if it was anything simple (he never took the pump or motor out just looked at the gears). So after not being able to see anything wrong he gave it to me.

Now not know much more than that I pulled the motor and pump out and they werent locked up or seemed like anything was wrong, filter and magnet were both relatively clean. So sealed it up and put 5w-50 synthetic back in it (assuming it would be the only way to test it being hydrostatic) to see if maybe it was something on the outside (linkage etc)

I tightened my drill chuck around the pulley/fan shaft, and slowly letting it spool up and the axles never turned at all no matter what speed (did this for 4 min +/-). If turned by hand both axles spin oppositely of one another.

And after talking to my father a little more he also said the lever that goes behind the mower that I guess normally would put the mower in neutral is not nearly as still as it used to be. It does swivel freely but its not a very stiff lockup on the setting it has.

I started looking through the hugh K46 repair guide thread but theres no way I could look through all that, so I was hoping someone could give me an idea on something I might be missing, I'd appreciate any help at all.

Thanks in advance
This just happened to me on a cud cadet LTX1042KW. Was there a reply to this original post? Is this a bad transmission or something simple?