Backhoe KB2475 backhoe on CK35

/ KB2475 backhoe on CK35 #11  
Just put the backhoe on to ready some holes before the apple trees arrive and the subframe to hoe was very sloppy, loose bolts. Tightened all bolts and it was still sloppy. It seems the upper left bolt in the pic egged out the hole some. Only explanation. It seems like the only solution I can think of is to drill out the hole to the next size bolt or weld it.
Has anyone else had this problem? Tried one of these solutions? Or have a better idea?

View attachment 505168

Just weld the brace , top & bottom, then you're done with it. They are made to break-down for shipping, so just weld it up and be happy! :cool:

/ KB2475 backhoe on CK35 #12  
my CK2510 carries the 2475 Kioti back hoe that started ouit on my old CK20 that was repl;aced by thie 2510 Eastern White Cedar. This backhoe spendt thie Winter in the barn and has not been mounted thiis year just yet. Reading this thiread reminded me it is a good time to inspect the torque and wear to those mentioned bolts and nuts. While they needed tightening they do not apppear to show signs of excessive wear. For now I simply tighitened them up for all I was worth. The welder is going to stop by shortly and weld hooks on my snowblower to aid in transporting around. It will also be a good time to at least tack the nuts holding the backhoe sub frames being discussed here. Any comments on simply tacking thie nut since it is fresh tightened. It might beat welding those struts and can be easily reversed. I hope in my haste I did not miss somebodies post concerning this effort. I will re reread this thread to see.

rim

/ KB2475 backhoe on CK35 #13  
my CK2510 carries the 2475 Kioti back hoe that started ouit on my old CK20 that was repl;aced by thie 2510 Eastern White Cedar. This backhoe spendt thie Winter in the barn and has not been mounted thiis year just yet. Reading this thiread reminded me it is a good time to inspect the torque and wear to those mentioned bolts and nuts. While they needed tightening they do not apppear to show signs of excessive wear. For now I simply tighitened them up for all I was worth. The welder is going to stop by shortly and weld hooks on my snowblower to aid in transporting around. It will also be a good time to at least tack the nuts holding the backhoe sub frames being discussed here. Any comments on simply tacking thie nut since it is fresh tightened. It might beat welding those struts and can be easily reversed. I hope in my haste I did not miss somebodies post concerning this effort. I will re reread this thread to see.
rim
Not sure just welding the nuts would do much good, but you can try.
I welded both ends of the "struts" and the backhoe to the frame and never any more issues.
I can always cut the welds later to remove those pieces if need.

/ KB2475 backhoe on CK35
Saturday I used the bucket to help support the backhoe and removed one of the upper strut bolts. The hole is not really egged out, but definitely large for the bolt. The movement turns the lock washer which then loosens the nut. I put a large flat washer under the lock washer and this seems to have kept the movement away from the lock washer and the nut has stayed tight so far.
My little 110v mig welder will not get the penetration needed for this task, so when I have access to or buy a larger welder, I will remove the diagonal brace, grind the paint off where needed, weld and repaint.

/ KB2475 backhoe on CK35 #15  
Just spit balling here, but if you don't want to weld (or until you weld) you could make a sleeve (short piece of pipe) that fits over the bolt . Then drill out the hole slightly smaller than the sleeve and pound in the sleeve. That should provide a tight fit with no motion after you reinstall the bolt. Welding should be better but a sleeve would allow future disassembly if needed.

/ KB2475 backhoe on CK35
Great idea. Thanks.