Kioti CK20 front wheel drive weak and not fully working

/ Kioti CK20 front wheel drive weak and not fully working #1  

Rusty105

Tractor
Kioti ck20
I have a 2006 Kioti CK20 and when recently doing some dirt moving with front loader I noticed my back wheels slipping even when in 4wd. Now when switching between 2wd and 4wd there isn稚 much difference. I was doing some pulling of dirt with bucket in reverse and I have read that could cause some issues with front wheel drive.

I lifted front end and when in 4wd the front wheels do turn. I also checked front end by rotating tires while lifted and opposite tire will turn in opposite direction. If someone holds opposite wheel it does not turn.

I removed propellor shaft cover and shaft is turning when front wheels turn. I did notice that the collar on the back end of propellor shaft had a hole but no spring/roll pin. In the repair manual it only shows one roll pin in front collar and a circle clip on back. Does the rear collar need a roll pin as well?

/ Kioti CK20 front wheel drive weak and not fully working #2  
I have a 2006 Kioti CK20 and when recently doing some dirt moving with front loader I noticed my back wheels slipping even when in 4wd. Now when switching between 2wd and 4wd there isn稚 much difference. I was doing some pulling of dirt with bucket in reverse and I have read that could cause some issues with front wheel drive.

I lifted front end and when in 4wd the front wheels do turn. I also checked front end by rotating tires while lifted and opposite tire will turn in opposite direction. If someone holds opposite wheel it does not turn.

I removed propellor shaft cover and shaft is turning when front wheels turn. I did notice that the collar on the back end of propellor shaft had a hole but no spring/roll pin. In the repair manual it only shows one roll pin in front collar and a circle clip on back. Does the rear collar need a roll pin as well?
Hi Rusty,

I'm seeing a similar issue with my CK20HST. Did you get any answers yet?

Thanks.

/ Kioti CK20 front wheel drive weak and not fully working #3  
Recognize that in 4WD one rear can easily spin and suggest that the fronts 'aren't pulling their weight.'

Be sure to use the rear axle lock before you doubt that they are. I have to do that the most with the little Case/IH.

It's less of a problem wuth the 1klb heavier 33 & 35hp NHs esp with loaded rear tires and a box blade or more for ballast on the 3PH.

All have R-4s and I don't ever see much mud.

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK20 front wheel drive weak and not fully working #4  
My CK30 HST can spin the front wheels in heavy going. In fact they can dig big holes. As my dealer told me, They are really not true 4 wheel drive but front wheel assist.

/ Kioti CK20 front wheel drive weak and not fully working #5  
That prop shaft has a collar like you said - and yes there's supposed to be a spring pin in it mine was either missing or broken can't remember anyway - replaced the pin and problem fixed. Otherwise it won't fully engage or can slip off or not engage at all.

/ Kioti CK20 front wheel drive weak and not fully working #6  
That prop shaft has a collar like you said - and yes there's supposed to be a spring pin in it mine was either missing or broken can't remember anyway - replaced the pin and problem fixed. Otherwise it won't fully engage or can slip off or not engage at all.
Hmmm, problem solved I think?

/ Kioti CK20 front wheel drive weak and not fully working #7  
Hi Rusty,

I'm seeing a similar issue with my CK20HST. Did you get any answers yet?

Thanks.
Have someone watch the tires and the rims, if you don't have enough air pressure, the rim can be spinning inside the tire.