Kioti ck2610 manual fuel shut off

/ Kioti ck2610 manual fuel shut off #1  

Sheldon Hamblin

Bronze Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti CK2610HST with loader , 2014 John Deere X310 w/mower deck and snowblower,
Has anyone installed a manual fuel shut off in the fuel line just before the filter ?
I would think this would be easier than putting a clamp on the line when changing the filter.

/ Kioti ck2610 manual fuel shut off #2  
The fuel filter housing on your tractor doesn't have a small lever up top? Usually there is a small lever that it's indeed a shut off valve.

/ Kioti ck2610 manual fuel shut off #3  
As far as I am aware, there is no manual fuel shutoff on the Kioti CK Series of tractors. When I changed my fuel filters, i just temporarily crimped the fuel line, prior to filter change. However, a proper fuel shutoff maybe a better way to go for changing filters. Just need to think why Kioti failed to put one on the tractor to begin with. Can such a fuel shutoff be a point of future constrictions or blockage.

Attached is the fuel line for my CK4010:

Screenshot_20210330-111806_Xodo%20Docs.jpg

/ Kioti ck2610 manual fuel shut off
I just checked my machine to be sure, there is a valve to help prime the filter, but I can find no shut off.

Thank you for replying. I wanted to know if there was a reason there was no shut off before I put one in.
I still have to find the ID before order one.

/ Kioti ck2610 manual fuel shut off #5  
I wanted to know if there was a reason there was no shut off before I put one in.

Running the pump dry (if you forgot to open the valve) on a regular basis would probably damage it, and it may be a pain to re-prime the system. If you're just using it for filter changes, then there's probably little downside.