Kohler Ch20 fuel question

/ Kohler Ch20 fuel question #1  

Iamblessed

Tractor
Kubota F2680 mower, 1998 John Deere 425, 2006 Cub Cadet 2542 Garden Tractor
I have a Cub Cadet Gt 2542 and have tried about everything to stop the hot shut off fuel problem.Only thing I haven't done is de carbon.
I had to remove the carburetor yesterday due to trash in the fuel causing a running problem and while I had it off to clean, I checked the fuel shutoff valve and it is definitely working.I know that you can run the engine at a fast speed on shutoff and it will not happen but I don't like to do that. So I would like to install a fuel shutoff valve to solve the problem as I could let the engine idle until out of gas. My question is will this damage the vacuum fuel pump? I even sent an email to Kohler and asked them but never got an answer.

/ Kohler Ch20 fuel question #2  
I wouldn't damage the pump, but I have seen pumps on kohlers not prime after running out of fuel. I have even had to manually prime a new installed pump more than one to get them to pump. The Kohler carb fuel afterfire solenoid is designed to shut off the high speed jet, but not the idle circuit jet. Therefore if you shut the engine off at idle it will pull fuel through the idle circuit and you get the afterfire bang. that is the reason Kohler says to shut them off at 3/4 to full throttle.

You can idle the engine down and do your cooldown, and then turn the key off, and at the same time more the throttle to full. You won't have the high speed shutdown but will still cut down on the afterfire bang. the idea is to get the throttle butterfly to open at shutdown to reduce the air flow on the idle passages in the carb, and try to get fuel from the closed off high speed jet.

/ Kohler Ch20 fuel question
Thanks, Randy I will try it.