Comparison Kubota B3350

/ Kubota B3350 #1  

WillBrackett

Tractor
Kubota B3350
Unfortunately I bought a used 2013 Kubota B3350 that has nothing but troubles with the DPF system the DPF filter and Regen module was changed out 5 times under warranty 2 times out of warranty! Kubota will do nothing to make this right! Are there others owners out there that are having the same issues? Are there any class action lawsuits that anyone knows of? Would anyone be interested in a class action?
I spent good money on this tractor and it has less than 400 hours on it and everytime it needs a DPF filter it is $3500 or more Regen module $2800 or more and that is ridiculous.

/ Kubota B3350 #2  
I would take it up with your state attorney or possibly the EPA. While Kubota wants to wash their hands of this, they have an obligation to operate under the EPA within the US.

Many owners are mad or upset, but very few owners have taken it further than campaigning on various forums.

I wish you luck and sympathize with your situation and disappointed in Kubota's response to B3350 owners.

/ Kubota B3350 #3  
I would take it up with your state attorney or possibly the EPA. While Kubota wants to wash their hands of this, they have an obligation to operate under the EPA within the US.

Many owners are mad or upset, but very few owners have taken it further than campaigning on various forums.

I wish you luck and sympathize with your situation and disappointed in Kubota's response to B3350 owners.

Yeah I agree! Very poor handling of these machines. They should come up with a fix or offer some sort of buy back. These junkers will be out there for years getting sold on used market to unknowing buyers.

Be nice to some how remove the emission controls. I’m sure tractor is excellent besides junk emission system.

Good luck.

/ Kubota B3350 #4  
Unfortunately I bought a used 2013 Kubota B3350 that has nothing but troubles with the DPF system the DPF filter and Regen module was changed out 5 times under warranty 2 times out of warranty! Kubota will do nothing to make this right! Are there others owners out there that are having the same issues? Are there any class action lawsuits that anyone knows of? Would anyone be interested in a class action?
I spent good money on this tractor and it has less than 400 hours on it and everytime it needs a DPF filter it is $3500 or more Regen module $2800 or more and that is ridiculous.

Both B3350 owner and retired (patent) attorney, I emphasize with you but expect that you will receive little attention from the plaintiff's bar.

Class action lawsuits exist in order to generate attorney's fees for plaintiff's attorneys.

Due to the limited number of potential members of the class, plaintiff's attorneys will not be interested.

SDT

/ Kubota B3350 #5  

Related to your question: Your 2013 tractor is a very early 3350. Multiple "updates" have been made since your tractor was built. As your tractor has been in the shop multiple times for regen issues, one should assume that all such updates have been performed but I would not count on it. I would certainly VERIFY this. Though such updates appear to have improved the regen situation, it does not appear that all such issues have been solved.

Has the reformer been replaced? Reformers were changed within the last two years or so, and yours should have been changed.

ECM firmware has been updated multiple times but I cannot imagine why the entire ECM needed changing as firmware updates are easily performed. Changing DPFs and ECMs is a temporary band aid that does not address the real issue(s)?

Have you ever opened a case with Kubota Customer Satisfaction? This should have been done years ago and it is probably too late now.

Have you spoken directly with the local Kubota (not dealer) service representative? Kubota shields such folks from customers and this is not easily done but such is certainly warranted in your case.

SDT

Last edited: