Kubota Bottom Link Stabilizer Stuck

/ Kubota Bottom Link Stabilizer Stuck #1  

michaelmcgeary

Tractor
Kubota 7040 Narrow
Hi All,

Very basic question here. One of the stabilizers on the bottom link of my Kubota tractor is very stuck. Usually I'm able to use some leverage and get it moving but this time that is not working. I probably allowed it to sit around too long and build up dirt/mud. I've cleaned and greased the threads and around the stabilizer, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks they could offer to try and get it unstuck. Thanks.

/ Kubota Bottom Link Stabilizer Stuck #3  
Apply a coat of PBlaster or similar on the threads. Let it soak for a day, reapply, soak wait etc.

Try to unscrew it, use a wrench/pipe wrench if needed.

You may need to remove from tractor and put in vice. Heat will help if you have it.

Once apart, clean everything up good, let it dry out, grease it well and put it back together.

I freed up a threaded turn buckle that hadn't moved in years, it can be done.

/ Kubota Bottom Link Stabilizer Stuck
Turnbuckle.

/ Kubota Bottom Link Stabilizer Stuck
Apply a coat of PBlaster or similar on the threads. Let it soak for a day, reapply, soak wait etc.

Try to unscrew it, use a wrench/pipe wrench if needed.

You may need to remove from tractor and put in vice. Heat will help if you have it.

Once apart, clean everything up good, let it dry out, grease it well and put it back together.

I freed up a threaded turn buckle that hadn't moved in years, it can be done.
Thank you for this detailed answer. Really appreciate it.

/ Kubota Bottom Link Stabilizer Stuck #6  
What farmer said but I’d probably go to heat while it was still on the tractor if penetrating oil doesn’t loosen it up....I’ve also been known to go to heat first if I’m in a hurry.