Kubota F3990 status/availability or F391 in US?

/ Kubota F3990 status/availability or F391 in US? #1  

TooCents

Tractor
UW53 Toolcat, ASV VT-70 Track Skiddy, Kubota BX2365
I have seriously considered the F3990 Kubota front 72" commercial mower. I am not interested in zero turn as I intend to use all wheel drive steeper areas as well as snow removal & power broom. The 39hp is appealing so that I can consider front flail mower for 1st-crop, heavy-grass mow that only happens couple times a year to keep the weeds down. Local WI Kubota dealer told me they cannot get F3990 and they have no further information. I am aware of the emissions issues and can't believe it isn't resolved or replaced. A Google search shows similar F391 but appears to be only available in Europe? Any corporate (or otherwise?) Kubota folks care to advise when & if something like this will be available?

/ Kubota F3990 status/availability or F391 in US? #2  
I was tempted to get a Peruzzo front flail mower for my F3060 but unfortunately the biggest they had was 60" model at the time.

They have 72" model now.

/ Kubota F3990 status/availability or F391 in US?
I was tempted to get a Peruzzo front flail mower for my F3060 but unfortunately the biggest they had was 60" model at the time.

They have 72" model now.
You can not beat the "Front mounted flail" for deep grass. Cuts and lays it flat with no clumps and better yet, no wheel tracks! I have a 72" 3pt peruzzo with side-shift and I love it for this same application.

/ Kubota F3990 status/availability or F391 in US? #4  
I hear you about the wheel tracks, but just could not justify the $4,500 for Peruzzo 60" flail model.

Instead bought a new 72" replacement deck shell for my F3060 and also a well used Ford 3 pt side slicer flail mower.

I use the flail mower mostly for pasture mowing 2 - 3 times during summer.

Both have served me very well.

IMG_4387.JPG IMG_5563.JPG

Last edited: