Kubota G1900 Hydrostat ?

/ Kubota G1900 Hydrostat ? #1  

MR2LE

My G1900 Hydrostat drive seems to take forever to warm up and operate properly. Reverse doesn't work at all until warm. Forward screams at me until it is warm. However, hydraulic lift for mower deck works slowly, but it works. When cold it will coast down hills, drive will not engage properly. All fluids, screens, and filters have been replaced and fluid levels are at proper levels. Once it is completely warm, tractor seems to operate ok, after 15 mins of use.

Anyone have any ideas?? Help is very much appreciated.

Tully

/ Kubota G1900 Hydrostat ? #2  
I also have a g1900 but havent had this problem. Are you using Kubota UDT. trans fluid ? Make sure you do as others will cause problems. How long has this problem be occurring and how old is your tractor?

/ Kubota G1900 Hydrostat ? #3  
Tully,
I can't be any help yet, but I have a B1750HST doing exactly as you described. I had replaced Trans/Hyd fluid and filter last fall with parts/fluid from the local dealer. No problems noted then. But problems did start mid winter while trying to snow blow in reverse. No time to check into it & not much snow put it off till I tried to drop the loader and mount the mower this weekend. It barely moves and makes all kind of racket when it does. I suspect fluid problems but don't have empty containers to find what I put in. I'm waiting for a call back from the local dealer. I'll stay in touch as I work through this. Please let me know if you solve yours. ewolcott@woltech.com

/ Kubota G1900 Hydrostat ? #4  
"Sounds" like the oil is a little "heavy".Did a 50 hour service on our 1900S late last summer,mower now has around 70 hours on it with no problems.I did'nt use the Super UDT,just the regular UDT trans. fluid,Kubota brand.If the oil won't pass through the screens,then you've got problems.Good luck,hope you get this problem worked out,let us know what you find out.

/ Kubota G1900 Hydrostat ? #5  
I had the same problem you are describing with my G1900 hydrostat.

One observation you can make to confirm if you have the same problem I was having - I noticed that the fluid was creamy/milky (full of air - not condensation) when it was acting up. Look at the fluid on the transmission dipstick to make this check.

Note: If your hydraulic fluid is always milky looking, you probably have a water condensation buildup and need to change it.

I repaired my Kubota G1900 hydrostat today, and it works great! I removed the seat, rear cover, and fuel tank to get to the hydrostat. On the top of the hydrostat, I noticed a very small hydraulic leak at the suction connection. The connection is just an o-ring in a groove on the pipe, pushed into a bore in the hydrostat. Actually a poor design - but it worked fine for 10years

Drained the fluid, removed the pipe, and replaced o-rings on it. It was sucking air through this leaking o-ring connection on top of the hydrostat. Put in new fluid and filter and away we went. Very responsive - like new.

This repair made my day and I wanted to share it with you! Send me a note if you have questions.