Comparison Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #21  
There were several threads in the last few years about those very seat choices. At least one I remember compared the standard Kubota seat to the Kubota Air Ride seat that was an option in the tractors in the L6060 size. I believe the consensus was the standard seat actually had the best suspension. The air ride bottomed. At least the one in the article did. You may want to see if you can find those threads.

Grammer makes a bolt-in air suspension seat for most everything on the market. Price is about the same, and they are excellent seats. JD either used Grammer or an exact copy for their commercial backhoe seats. Wonderful seat. If I ever decide to change to air ride on the M59 I'll go for the Grammer since they make one in the 800 dollar range that is supposed to be a bolt-up for the M59.

In the meanwhile, I put some risers under the seat of the M59 to accomodate my long legs, and incorporated some rubber bushings to work with the risers to soak up some of the shock. I considered modifying the seat springs but didn't. I weigh 190 and only bottom them on bumps.

I like a good seat and feel that it is money well spent to get a good one with decent arm rests. The best seat I'vw used is the Grammer-made seat in the JD310. It is made to sit in all day. For comfort, the Grammer is closely followed by the seat on our Vintage 530 JD that not only has adjustable springing, but also a shock absorber!

Some of the basic "too small" Japanese tractor seats do have the option to add more springs. That used to be a common mod.
rScotty
Nothing has changed with the standard seats. I have a 2022 Kubota MC5400 HSTC that is the roughest riding tractor I have owned. I am looking at going to a air ride seat, has anyone found one that works good?

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #22  
I have a MX5200. Seat was marginal. I ended up replacing the suspension with an aftermarket unit. Much better but could not add swivel due to the narrow operator station.
My knees were in the controls at 45º so I gave up.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #23  
See there have been more post here since I was asking questions. I did end up installing Kubota air ride. The dealer treated me very fair; I think. We split the cost of the air ride seat and they also did the switch for no charge. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE KUBOTA AIR RIDE. Does it ride as smooth as my good bit larger JD with air ride, nope! But that would be an apple and orange comparison. Much heavier tractor, longer wheelbase, wider wheelbase and larger tires. I told the dealer if it were me, I would never sell a cab Grand without air ride. The price of the air ride compared to the price of the tractor is pocket change.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #24  
Nothing has changed with the standard seats. I have a 2022 Kubota MC5400 HSTC that is the roughest riding tractor I have owned. I am looking at going to a air ride seat, has anyone found one that works good?

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #25  
We’re new to this forum as new Kubota owners! Have traded in 2 green tractors on an M5 and L6060.

Just got my L6060 a month ago. Ordered the cloth air ride seat option and I’ve never been so disappointed with an $800 option! a Grammer MSG75 series. First off I find the cushioning very hard compared to the MSG85 series in our M5. Second, it’s a low profile seat (not sure why but it is) so because I am only 5’4” I need the seat fairly far forward to reach the pedals properly, but I am not able to raise it high enough - I have to sit on a pillow. There is just not much up/down adjustment in it. Very, very different from the 85 series.

So my question . . . what air ride seat did your L6060 come equipped with? And are you happy with it? We’re talking back and forth with our dealer to see if he’ll swap it out for something else but he's giving us some grief.
I bought a different brand tractor and thought the ARS was a great idea so that was included in the purchase. Over the years I found that it wasn't all that great of an idea for several reasons. Today my choice is (and that tractor is equipped with) a mechanically adjustable seat with about 4" of free movement (plus the other amenities available on high priced air seats. Gotta get the displacement distance to get the soft ride with mechanical seats.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #26  
Now have 2, and had 1 other, Kubota with air ride. All 3 had Grammer seats. Bothe M7 and M5 are great ride. The L6060 was compromised by low suspension travel and rough ride of a CUT so it was either stiff or bottomed out a lot. Low suspension travel due to cab eight limitation - preventing a tall person from hitting their head on the roof. After market Grammer options might match mounting bolt locations and give more suspension travel.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #27  
The air ride seat in my MF 4707 is the best, most comfortable seat I've ever experienced on a tractor or piece of equipment. Well worth it. Between the large sidewall radial tires, the rubber mounted cab, rubber floor mat, air suspension, and nice foam material, nothing beats it for operator comfort.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #28  
I just can't figure out how to get it comfortable. I am 6'3" and still like to be high up, which means that the seat is at its max height which means it turns hard as a board.

Last edited: