Kubota TG1860G video/maintenance links?

/ Kubota TG1860G video/maintenance links? #1  

coaster

Silver Member
Tractor
BCS 715
Posted this on another site, but thought I'd try here as well: I'll try and make this long story short: My father-in-law doesn't really like getting his hands dirty with small engines. If some piece of equipment starts to falter, he'll bail and buy something new. He's always giving me stuff that doesn't work anymore - I'll fix it and want to give it back to him, but he's normally already bought something new. i.e. he had a really nice shop vac that wouldn't work anymore. It was a simple on/off switch replacement ($5), but he'd already bought a new one - LOL. Anyway, he bought the Kubota in 2001. He's had it maintained well for years (gave me all the records, etc.), but he changed to a new place for maintenance this past Spring. He was using it a couple weeks ago and it just shut off and started smoking. He'd had it in for service to the new place earlier (couple months before) and asked them to replace any belts that needed replacing, etc. They supposedly did all of that. So he was tired of it and asked if I wanted it. By the time I'd arrived (couple hours away), he'd already bought a new zero-turn. The company that delivered it said they'd haul away his Kubota for free - LOL. Anyway, when I got there, I started it up and it did smoke a little bit, but I found a bolt that attaches the exhaust on the driver's side at the base of the engine that was loose and leaking a little oil. I tightened it and that seemed to solve that problem. Then I examined the mower deck belt and found that it was hanging on by a thread at one point. About a 5 inch long section had the outer core pretty much sheered off and it was barely hanging on. In other places, there were cuts down to that same inner core. And the belt seemed old, so I don't think the shop had replaced that belt. At this point, I'm just going to replace that belt and see how it goes, but I'm looking for any videos that might be available to make things easier - I'm definitely visual. I've found videos for the BX series on removing/installing stuff like the mower deck, but NOTHING for the TG1860

The thing has a 54" deck on it, power steering, hydrostatic transmission, etc. This one IS gas - not diesel. Seems to be a beast compared to regular residential lawn tractors. I also checked average selling prices for these things and it seems to be somewhere around $2500 or so - surprising for a 20 year old mower. In contrast, I bought my old Husqvarna (with a 48" deck) in 2008 for about $1500. Even though this is clearly a residential mower, compared to my Husqvarna, it seems to be commercial.

Anyways, any helpful links to videos, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota TG1860G video/maintenance links? #2  
Try posting on the Kubota Lawn & Garden forum here on TBN.
Good Luck!

/ Kubota TG1860G video/maintenance links?
Try posting on the Kubota Lawn & Garden forum here on TBN.
Good Luck!
Thanks. I was able to get a lot of feedback on the other site, so I’m good. I appreciate your suggestion and will keep that in mind for any future postsz