Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Kubota

/ Kubota #11  
They do make low profile chains and chains can be put on tight. Most people put them on the rear tires because they have brakes. You can use your brakes to steer. You also can use the diff lock to get better traction.

/ Kubota #12  
I also have a B2650 which I put 21 gallons of plumbing antifreeze in each rear tire. It does help with the traction, but when the driveway thaws and freezes, still need more. I will be grooving my tires, hopefully next summer if I remember and buy a tire groover, or find one to borrow/rent. I do believe you will need a spacer, as mentioned, to get a little more clearance in the rear between your tire and fender.

/ Kubota #13  
When I was looking to add a kubota compact tractor to my fleet. All of the models I looked at were B's and pretty much spacers were a requirement on them all to run chains.
I'm playing with my settings so if this is messed up I apologize.

/ Kubota #14  
I struggled with the same dimension on my TYM's fenders, wanted to install some Trygg or other studded chains. But they would hit my fenders, so I installed DUO 239 H-pattern chains Duo Tractor Tire Chains | Free US Shipping
135224045_10157781120765983_6266528669213423255_o.jpg

/ Kubota #15  
I have turf tires on my B3030HSDC and am very impressed with the snow traction. They are a deep S shape tread and work very well. I also have Rim Guard beet juice in the rear tires and carry a five foot wide box blade to drag snow away from garage doors and scrape concrete driveway.

Attachments

• 20201025_164658.jpg
    20201025_164658.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 137
   / Kubota #16  
My dealer said I needed 3" spacers for rear chains on my B-2601. I have run two different types of chains and find them way too rough on my back with the bouncing. So I switched to Kold Kutter screw in studs. Unless I am pushing up hill on a 10% slope, the wet stuff the State plow pushes in, I have no traction issues. Drive is 25' wide by 100 yards. Then a 100' by 50' parking area. Granted it has been a light snow year, only 16', about 11' less than normal. The studs work great.

/ Kubota #17  
Hello DaveinValdez,

So you have R4 tires without liquid ballast and no snow blower to clear your snowfalls??

Have you thought about using turf tires instead of R4's? the ride would be much smoother with snow chains on the rears.

/ Kubota #18  
Tires are R4's. Because the machine is a tractor/loader and I have no rear attachments, I have a Kubota factory ballast box on the rear with 500# or gravel in it. I have tossed around the idea of a blower but a place, to blow to, is limited and in one area I'd have to blow it twice to get it moved.