L4310 Price?

/ L4310 Price? #1  

madtowneast

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1754
Hi,

I am trying to sell my L4310 with cab and loader. It has over 2500 hours on it. We just had it serviced at just over 2500 and repaired what needed repairing. The AC feels like it needs a recharge though.

What would be a good price for this tractor? I have seen anywhere from $15k to $30k. I have it priced at $20k on Craigslist and facebook. Any other place I should post it?

Thanks!

/ L4310 Price? #2  
I would start there at Craigslist and Facebook and only entertain offers for someone that will actually come look at the tractor.
Have a absolute lowest price you won't go below.
Price seems reasonable.

/ L4310 Price?
I would start there at Craigslist and Facebook and only entertain offers for someone that will actually come look at the tractor.
Have a absolute lowest price you won't go below.
Price seems reasonable.
Thanks.

I thought the market was low on supply, but apparently this isn't the case or I have to wait until spring is actually here (we just 4 inches of snow). I have gotten a lot of tire kickers in the past week. I am/was not sure if the price is too high, people have some weird expectations, or there is a super secret place I need to advertise on.

/ L4310 Price? #4  
It depends on your particular L4310 tractor and it's difficult to gauge without photos.

From searchers for L4310 and L4330 models over the past few weeks, it appears as though you priced your L4310 in the middle of the price range considering its hours. That said, there are some dealers asking very high prices for the L4310 model, including a very nice unit in Indiana that is nearly $30K. Ultimately, I selected the L4330 model tractors over the L4310 because of superior upgrades while still avoiding any Tier feature.

There are lots of tire kickers out there, and I looked at approximately twelve before selecting the tractor for the farm. Most tire kickers buy from someone.

It might help potential buyers if you have some sort of maintenance records or a mechanic you used over the time you owned yours. Good luck.

/ L4310 Price?
2 weeks into selling the tractor and a people are telling they don’t think the price is reasonable after negotiating because there is a tractor 400+ miles away that cheaper. I kinda just want to them tell: “Then buy that one”. Is this normal?

/ L4310 Price? #6  
I'd list it on Tractor House and not CL or FB. You'll pay to list it up front but the buyers will all be serious and not just 'feeling you out' I only sell my used equipment on Tractor House now.

All FB and CL does is bring you grief and people who don't really want to buy anything unless it's cheap.

/ L4310 Price? #7  
2 weeks into selling the tractor and a people are telling they don’t think the price is reasonable after negotiating because there is a tractor 400+ miles away that cheaper. I kinda just want to them tell: “Then buy that one”. Is this normal?
There are a lot to tire kickers hoping to get a steal from someone who may be desperate to sell their tractor. If they thought it was so over priced, why did they come look at it?

In the example that you gave, I would tell the fellow that you priced the tractor fairly based on its condition and if he thinks the tractor 400 miles away is a better value, taking into consideration the travel and transportation costs, he should go buy it.

I remember when I was selling a Polaris Ranger, a fellow kept calling lowballing me. I told him that my Ranger was priced fairly, and if he had a certain budget, he should go buy a lesser side by side. He eventually ending up buying my Ranger at the asking price.

/ L4310 Price?
There are a lot to tire kickers hoping to get a steal from someone who may be desperate to sell their tractor. If they thought it was so over priced, why did they come look at it?

In the example that you gave, I would tell the fellow that you priced the tractor fairly based on its condition and if he thinks the tractor 400 miles away is a better value, taking into consideration the travel and transportation costs, he should go buy it.
The first guy who pulled the “I could get this cheaper elsewhere” based it on what the same model tractor sold on https://www.marketbook.ca/?gtmlt=1 which sure is a reputable source, but all the tractors were 800+ miles away.

The second guy said he would give me $17k for it without seeing it. Once he came out, he “did some research“ and found (and printed out) a 2015 L4060 for $13kish (with cab, loader, etc.) 600+ miles away. I was like… “I know the market this can’t be right.“ He offered half the asking price and I told him no. Turns out I couldn’t find this mythical tractor on Tractorhouse. Looking back the print outs didn’t have a banner for a dealership or anything on them but asked for sales tax.

/ L4310 Price? #9  
The elderly barber who cuts my hair has a saying, "You don't want to be the cheapest barber." He will explain that the "cheapest barber" gets the "cheapest and most problematic customers." The cheapest barber also has to deal with all the drama people wanting rock bottom prices for everything bring to the table. It's the same with selling a tractor; your goal isn't to be the cheapest seller in the USA.

Transporting a tractor 400+ miles each way will cost a minimum of $500 with today's fuel prices, hotels, etc. That assumes the tractor buyer owns a an appropriately-sized tow vehicle for the L4310, trailer, chains or straps, etc. Borrowing or renting a unit will cost significantly more as will shipping the tractor.

By the way, that potential buyer may be able to find a tractor cheaper in Canada, but wait until he crosses the border and gets hit with the import taxes/fees, broker fees, etc. Show this US Government link to the next person who says that: Import Tractors USA

Good luck with your sale.

Last edited: