L4330 whine

/ L4330 whine #1  

Sheepdr

Bronze Member
Tractor
4330 kabota
I have a L4330 with about 750 hrs on it. It seems to have excessive gear whine when traveling on the.road, out of 4x4. Lots really. Fluids are good. Book didn't show anything. Does everything in the rear oil from one case or am I missing one?
I would really like thoughts on this, making me nervous. Bad time of the year for a breakdown.
Thanks in advance.

/ L4330 whine #2  
Have an L3130 GST and 11 and 12 gears do have more noise then the rest from the spur gear final drive but it is not loud noise. Common sump for rear but either 3 or 4 drain plugs to fully drain.

David Kb7uns

/ L4330 whine #3  
Did you recently get your tires filled or add a heavy implement? I notice a good whine when I'm all loaded up and traveling in high.

/ L4330 whine
No changes to the tractor. I guess I'm just getting jumpy. Like to solve a problem before I'm down. Thanks a lot.

/ L4330 whine #5  
If it is a HST then they do whine a bit. I did not mine was quieter after swapping to the SUDT2 fluid from Kubota. How many hours is on the Trans oil? Have you checked to see if he brakes are dragging? I have left the brake locked on and i whined much more.

/ L4330 whine #6  
HST high frequency whine from HST on my B3300SU decreased substantially after I had specified SUDT2 for my last hydraulic fluid change.

Worth the higher material cost.

/ L4330 whine #7  
...mine was quieter after swapping to the SUDT2 fluid from Kubota.

That's good to know, I just recently changed all my fluids and also put SUDT2 in, but I haven't run the tractor enough since then to know if there is a difference, I hope so.

/ L4330 whine #8  
I have a L4330 with about 750 hrs on it. It seems to have excessive gear whine when traveling on the.road, out of 4x4. Lots really. Fluids are good. Book didn't show anything. Does everything in the rear oil from one case or am I missing one?
I would really like thoughts on this, making me nervous. Bad time of the year for a breakdown.
Thanks in advance.

SD usually gear whine is caused by by worn mating of gears. You say fluid is good but that dos mean it is full or has it been changed recently? If it has not been changed or has 3 or 400 hours on the oil, I'd change it. You are noticing the whine only because of increased gear speed indicative of street travel. Because the tractor does not normally go "over and down the road" as if you are going to work every day with it, it is pretty much a non issue. Gears will mesh for another 750 hours and be just fine. A plugged hydraulic oil screen can also be the culprit so wash that out as well.