Comparison L47 or M62

/ L47 or M62 #11  
Sometimes what is a plus is also a negative. The lighter weight of the L model could be a plus depending on where it will be working so you really need to consider all aspects.

/ L47 or M62 #12  

Attachments

• March20, 2014_KUBOTA_CONSTRUCTION-BACKHOE-LOADER Info.pdf
    211.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
   / L47 or M62 #13  
I bought an M62 back in July 2016, for me, it's the best thing I've used pound for pound and I can still pull it on a gooseneck w/o a CDL or permits all day every day & twice on sundays.

I looked at the L47 but never tried it out after I got on the M62 that was it for me. The backhoe is comical how much it reach it has but here's are the gotcha... You can, (with your outriggers down & a full load in the 16" bucket) extend the hoe out & swing it to one side & you got a 50/50 shot of tipping over. The backhoe is so strong & heavy, you can't even unlock the backhoe from the upright position without putting you outriggers down first. Compared to the L47, the M62 FEL will comfortably sleep 2 & still have room for a nightstand & lamp, it's BIG!

Of course nothing's perfect here are the negatives I've found. The M62 has 2 pumps, so for backhoe use this is great except there's only a single return so even though you have positive movement for your boom & dipperstick, you can tell it's not the same power as one by itself, close, by just enough difference to make you change your speed. I'm currently looking to upsize my return fittings, so far the choke point is only at the quick connect. the outriggers are short, they need to be about 6" longer, even 3" longer would make such a difference & the need the pivot point to be moved down an inch or two. I spend a lot of time on slopes uneven grade so I have a critical need for spacers & to fill the tires. I'm at ~150hrs. it hasn't had a problem mechanically.

Wormwood

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 307
   / L47 or M62 #14  
I bought an M62 back in July 2016, for me, it's the best thing I've used pound for pound and I can still pull it on a gooseneck w/o a CDL or permits all day every day & twice on sundays.

I looked at the L47 but never tried it out after I got on the M62 that was it for me. The backhoe is comical how much it reach it has but here's are the gotcha... You can, (with your outriggers down & a full load in the 16" bucket) extend the hoe out & swing it to one side & you got a 50/50 shot of tipping over. The backhoe is so strong & heavy, you can't even unlock the backhoe from the upright position without putting you outriggers down first. Compared to the L47, the M62 FEL will comfortably sleep 2 & still have room for a nightstand & lamp, it's BIG!

Of course nothing's perfect here are the negatives I've found. The M62 has 2 pumps, so for backhoe use this is great except there's only a single return so even though you have positive movement for your boom & dipperstick, you can tell it's not the same power as one by itself, close, by just enough difference to make you change your speed. I'm currently looking to upsize my return fittings, so far the choke point is only at the quick connect. the outriggers are short, they need to be about 6" longer, even 3" longer would make such a difference & the need the pivot point to be moved down an inch or two. I spend a lot of time on slopes uneven grade so I have a critical need for spacers & to fill the tires. I'm at ~150hrs. it hasn't had a problem mechanically.

Wormwood
Loading your tires and wheel spacers is a good thing, except when you have to handle the tire.
Size and PTO Hp, the M62 is a real step up in capability.